Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished putting a new transmission in my 89 4ws gt turbo, and everything is finished, now im filling the tranny with gear oil and its leaking out the driver side cv axle, has anyone ever encountered this problem, is there some kind of gasket in there?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
is it in all the way?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its leaking out both cv's actually, i just noticed that the passenger side was leaking too, so theres a seal on each side? and its just pisssssssin out, perhaps the tranny i got from the autowrecker had the seals removed? i just wish that the clutch replacement faqs and tranny removal/installation faq on here mentioned something about those seals.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The FSM mentions replacing them when replacing axles. They are easy to replace. Just pull the axle out and pry the seal out with a flat screw driver. Tap the new one in and your good.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I only replace the seals if there is an issue.....

Either the axles aren't in all the way (unlikely, as it pretty difficult not to have the right side intermediate shaft in all the way seeing as how its bolted to the block :D) or as you say there are no seals, its strange that they would have been removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts