Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have a 93 mx-6 and the dashboard is separating from the instrument panel by the speedometer . Is there any thing I can do about this?. Also, I was washing my car today and noticed there were little round bubbles in the paint on the trunk. What causes these things and is there any thing I can do about it ? My car is silver. thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
same white spots here - it seems to be related to the airflow - i have the paint problems right where the spoiler would be getting a lot of wind at high speeds... i guess over time - similar to erosion right?

my car is green also

·
Registered
99 Posts
my paint is terrible

The clear coat on the wing is half gone. Just below the rear driver's window, there's a spot. The roof has 2 spots, and there on the hood it looks like a lot of little cracks/scratches, but you cannot feel those. The oxidation on the wing and by the window are so bad that you can feel the difference in level.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paint spots

Yes I can feel the bubbles. Their very small and in clusters around my trunk and also have a white patch on my trunk. sc mazda

·
Registered
921 Posts
well you can try wet sanding the surface. Thats only if you have clear coat on your paint. What it does is makes the suface flat and even so that there wont be any more bubbles. But that might be your clearcoat so the only thing that i think that you can try doing is buying some medium cut polish. The liquid is pretty much the same as sanding with 1500 grit sand paper but way more safe. The library has body repair books that shows pics of paint problems and solutions that might help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts