Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 93 MX6 which i thought it was a good deal. Everything is working fine only with one major problem. The engine cuts out with RPM drops to the end when i am changing gear. Attempting to restart the car immediately is futile. But after a wait of 5 to 10 seconds the car can be restarted. I already replaced the spark plug but the problem still occurs. It is very dangerous for driving in the city. Anyone got the problem n solution??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the car is I2.0 i forget to mention. What i found from searching internet, some said it was caused by the distributor. Is it correct?

·
Registered
98 Posts
same problem happened to my 2.0, replaced the disty and everything was ok

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Wasnt aware this problem existed on a 2.l ..but it is a problem on the 2.5V6('93-94 predominaltely).
The 'disty'- distributor components... IE the Ignitor, has been know to fail.. causing an immediate loss of power when under the gun/acceleration. Many have replaced the whole distributor.. but many, like me, have only replaced the ignitor in the disty/distributor. Thats my 1st prognosis.

G

·
****in' DISTY

I had the same **** happen to me. I am willing to bet your car has stopped running or will stop running very soon. I replaced my disty the first time and its really pretty easy, plus it saves alot
of cash. Get a Chiltons and a timing lite and someone who likes
to work on cars and your on your way to fixin that bull****. The install is easy just make sure you time it all. Ride on..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts