Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyy guyz so I ran over a puddle late last night...and my car shorted out and died immediately so possibly I had to check my cold air intake it is so low....it sucked up water...becuz I pulled sparkplugs and found water in 2 cylinders and I removed all 6 plugs just to be safe and cranked it to get rid of the water and cleaned the plugs. Only problem is b4 it would turn over once then quit like a thud but I only cranked it twice b4 removing the plugs....after I removed the plugs and got the water out of the cylinders but now she'll crank more so I can crank it numerous times and it sounds like it wants to fire but can't for some reason and for some reason the cranking is losing its power like my dashlights are starting to dim...any other tips you guyz can suggest would be great becuz i'm running out of ideas really fast..

Cheers,
Nish

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Compression test first of all.. if you have hydrolocked it, you could have done allsorts of damage. Once you know the compression is good, move onto the next stage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K so I'll compression test and clean out the distributor today...but guyz my next question is that if the disty is dry how do I know its still not functioning. And Oddball bud if you would kindly tell me how much compression should be in each cylinder on average that would be greatly appreciated. You guyz have been a great help.

Cheers,
Nish

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Std v6 is 203 and each cylinder should not really have any more than 28 difference.

Dont forget, all plugs out, wide open throttle, at least 8 compressions per reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts