Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title says it all, i have no keys for my car. I was wondering what is the easyest way to get the key codes for my car. Can i call mazda and have them get it for me or do i have to pull it off the lock assembly??

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
NickR said:
Local Mazda dealership charged me $5 (Canadian) to make me a key, and did so in about 5 minutes. I showed them my ownership papers, with the VIN.
What he said. Plus you get a good mazda key with a rubber handle.

metros

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guess i will just go to the dealer then. I thought they would charge a rediculous price for a set of new keys

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Nike3D said:
Oh, but he didnt specify, usually what i have seen is people locking the keys inside :)
ummm, yeah he did
steelersfan said:
Well the title says it all, i have no keys for my car.
Yeah the dealership can cut new keys all they need is your vin #, and they're supposed to check for proof of ownership aswell. I had new keys cut by GM for my friends car for $1.50 a key.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I had the local mazda dealership make me one. They asked for the VIN and charged me $8.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Damn canadians.. and midwest people..
Here in Cali I paid about $35 + $50 to get keys for my 6. I had origionally left the keys in my old car and unftunatelty sold teh car to someone driving to Portland(BTW the people who know me know that I had a slammed Camry with less than 3 inches of gdound clearenmce .. haha ne ways I guess it depends on the dealersship

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.