Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do a second generation mx-6 weigh?
The second generation mx-6 engine bay is similar to the second generation probes engine bay right ?

If it is then the first gen mx-6 motor should be able to fit into a 2nd gen mx-6 ,right?, because the first gen mx-6 motor can fit into the second gen probes. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Can someone please help me?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes the motor can fit, but its getting it to bolt up, wire up, and run is the trick. And the wieght depends on what model you have a V6 or I4....

V6 weighs roughly 2900 lbs.
I4 weighs right under 2700 lbs.

Josh

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the trick to the wiring part is stand alone fuel management. I'm going to do the project. I was going to do it with a probe but I feel the second gen mx-6's look better.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
dam go for it, but don't expect it to be easy, as to your question the probe has a little more room in the nose then the 6 but not that much, unless that engine was squeezed in the probe you should have no problem with the engine bay, btw the 2nd gen owns the probe in the style catagory. as for wieght go to cars.com research section they should have wieghts for the 96 or 97 model, the 93 is about 100 pounds or so lighter then the other years...... so u gonna use an Fe3?........

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I think you got your entire logic train confuse.

1st gen Probes and Mx6's are the same

2nd gen Probes abd Mx6's are the same

1st and 2nd gens are NOT the same.

Somehow in your logic you managed to cross the 1st gen with the 2nd gen though the logic train does not indicate as such.

And as far as a 1st gen "fitting"...sure it fits. Alot of thing fits, I'm sure a 2zj, a VG, an SR20DET, an RB26 or a 5.0 would fit too. The problem isn't fitting it into the engine bay, the problem is everything that comes afterwards.

That said, if I had that much skills, knowledge and money I'd totally go for it. An FE3 or a BPT would be nice. Or you can cross platform with an SR20DET or even one of them 4AGE boys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts