Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

I did spend a fair bit of time looking through the forums for similar issues and found nothing special... So i posted a new thread to hopefully get some info

I have got a real issue with my mx6 and firstly ill inform how it started

One night after i finished my night shift, it was BUCKETING down rain... couldnt see 2 feet in front of me... and upon driving in this rain i went through a decent puddle of water at about 40kms per hour. After doing this the car was driving ok... 5 mins later I noticed some of the diagnosis lights "appearing" not exactly on but somewhat flashed... I
believe it was fuel and oil. Just before i got home i noticed that the car wasnt performing as it should. I thought not much more of it and left the car under the car port for the night

When i woke up in the "afternoon" i went out to start the car and it wouldnt start. and i eventually ran the battery flat. I hooked it up with my GF's car and finally got it started allthough it wouldnt idle and it was pushing out some black Smog smoke.... The car is driveable and still gets around.
ALLTHOUGH as said earlier the vehicle will not sit and idle and if put the pedal down it doesnt react as it should it kinda spits if it makes sense. from 1-3k revs it drives fine. but when i reach the 3k revs or if i put the pedal down it sounds as if its going faster but im getting no more go out of it. Whether the pedal is slightly down or to the floor it still goes about the same speed. has a bit of a smell like fuel... The car is in bad condition...it has been like this for 2 weeks now.

So i took it to mazda and asked them to link it up to their comptuer and diagnose what the problem is. The machine wouldnt work with my car... dont know why... They had their 2 best mechanics on it and couldnt diagnose the problem 3 hours later. Which cost me a hell of alot. Their mechanics said that it wasnt any of the air meters or air filter ecu etc... but also said maybe fuel pump

I took it to my usual mechanic and he said well it could be many things but hes assuming its something with the fuel... maybe the pump / filter etc. could it be timing? or something really bad?

Thanks to Mr. MX6 for the Note:
E and J spec cars dont have a CE light .. conect a LED+Resistor or 12V-LED to the B+ terminal, and the free resistor - end to the FEN terminal. this will flash in place of the cel..
I will try this and see if i can get a diagonisis and put it on here asap if i can.

I replaced my cars fuel filter today "first time since i have had the car nearly 4 years now" first time ever woohoo lol... also replaced the oil filter and obviously new oil, sparkys still looked decent allthough black... from poor oil control i believe. Now its back to "grey" smoke. ill check that again tomorrow but not a big problem at the moment. Still i have the same problems with idleing and putting the foot down but i wasnt expecting much from the minor service.

I was hopeing someone here could help me with some information or maybe a diagnosis from what i have said.... maybe someone has had similar issues and has had it fixed.

*Filling my car up last night after work when i turned it on to go home i noticed once again that the 2 lights were "on" by lights i mean oil and fuel

Please send me as much info or anything

·
Registered
752 Posts
When was the last time your plug leads were changed? they are often overlooked because of the price but they do need changing

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WEll about a year ago... they still seem to be in good nick but hey you never know ..... sparkys seem to be good aswell but to change the sparky cords is about $80 i believe and 40ish for the plugs... hmm might look into it after checking distributer and checking for codes... but wont have a chance until monday.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you can get a set of leads for $80 you are doing very well! Thats about what i get them for at repco with staff discount, retail is $220

1 - 4 of 4 Posts