Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a intake soon and I don't know how to install it.It says it will come with some minor installing info but I don't want to mess my engine up. Also I was wondering if I wanted to paint my car a different color do I have to sand all the paint off my car first before I can apply the primer? The only thing with my car that I seem to have a problem with is a low sputtering sound when I stop at a light. The RPS's gage is realy low and it kinda bounces a little not a lot just like a small sputter would do.

Thanks
MR. NO AUTO KNOW!

1993 Mazda MX-6 4cylinder 2.0L RED.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
well udont even have to really primer except the spots that you did bodywork or had to minor fill or had bare metal. best bet for you is an afternoon at barnes and nobles reading the how to paint your car books. :D great place to get a start in that! education and information is everything

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Please read:
http://www.mx6.com/forums/general-automotive/190542-if-you-posting-about-mx-6-626-probe.html

Your question is not a general car question, it's specific to a particular vehicle. For that reason, you will net the best results by posting in the most appropriate section of this site.

I have moved this for you this time.

And no, you don't have to primer your car to paint it, only the repaired area's of the car need primer. For the intake, search the site and you shall find your install answers.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Just wondering why you wanted to put a new intake on a 4 cylinder. It really won't make a noticeable difference except it will sound a little louder when you open the throttle. No offense, but the 4s are sluggish and don't respond so much to add ons.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just another rediculous and misinformed claim for the FS-03.....way to go Don.....I'll make sure to prove you wrong when I get my rebuilt complete.

End of rant before it began...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Adding an air intake won't do much for an I4. They are on the slow side and will be unless you invest some decent money to get custom cams, ported and polished head, port matching the intake manifold, overbored throttle body, custom crank, then you have to beef up the tranny. It will still be slow compared to a number of newer 4 cylinder cars.

·
Registered
817 Posts
well I plan on doing all of that, so we will see if your claims are correct. You know the amazing thing about mine when it's done though? I will actually be able to work on it because its not overly filled with plastic covers in the engine bay or crap that isn't necessary when building a motor. The best part is, I don't have to feel like im watching over my shoulders to not void a waruntee like on a newer car.
Plus the six is just sooo much sexier than modern 4 cylinders....

and btw...they react pretty well to turbos as well.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Plus the six is just sooo much sexier than modern 4 cylinders....
My 09 mazda3 hatch is a 4 cylinder and it's sexy as hell. :angel: MAYBE even sexier than my mx6...

Your motor build will be awesome though Dustin. I can't wait to see it done. Represent the FS motor!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
My 09 mazda3 hatch is a 4 cylinder and it's sexy as hell. :angel: MAYBE even sexier than my mx6...
nooooooooooo not yours... maybe mine, but not yours!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes the 3 is a sexy car, thats why I think i'm going to buy one and yes keep the MX6 "4 Bagger" slow intake car.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have nothing to come back with for that one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts