Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to install my rr-racing poly shift stabilizer bushings today but I ran into a snag.

The rubber bushings on the end of the shift stabilizer are pressed in with a metal piece in the center of them. I got the metal piece removed but I can't get the rubber pieces out.

Has anyone had experience with these? I have limited space to work in because my headers sit right there and they make it a little hard to work around them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes i did them you basically just have to yank them out cut the oppisite side your pulling on and yank them out i cant remember but you might need to keep the metal tube for install on the RR ones. I have all the poly mounts from them and i had one set (motor mount) that didnt work i think they sent me the wrong one so make sure and chesk that you have the right product before dismantle.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I already have the motor mount inserts installed. I just wanted to know about the shift stabilizer bushings. They are the right size and shape to fit into the metal part that they go into but I can't get the rubber pieces out to replace them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just wanted to know about the shift stabilizer bushings. They are the right size and shape to fit into the metal part that they go into but I can't get the rubber pieces out to replace them.
You have to basically cut/dig the old ones out

·
Registered
392 Posts
^ what they said...i had to do the same thing with my bushings as well but i had my shifter assembly out of the car when i was doing the auto to manual swap so it was a bit easier for me.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
yeah cut them.

I also had to use my clamp to press the new bushing and that metal part back in. It took awhile to get it lined up correctly.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
When I did mine about 6 years ago, I had a bitch of a time getting the rubber ones out. I put the car on drive up ramps to make it easier but even then they were pretty much "melted" in there.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
i say forget about em. too big of a pain in the ass for.. nothing good.

and just use my bushings ;).

has anyone ACTUALLY noticed a difference with those RR ones?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Meh, I already have them in my possession. I might as well install them.

The only thing I heard about them is that they help give crisper shifts from 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration. We'll see...

I probably should have bought both sets from you anyway. I really don't have that much play in my shifter and the trans. side felt a lot worse when I was moving it around under the car. I'll report back when I get the trans. side ones installed.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Well its hard to say because most people install them the same time as a short shifter, so its hard to isolate what is actually making the difference. When I put mine in originally, it tightened up the shift quite a bit, Had a bunch of play on the old stock rubber bushings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts