Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MX6 but the steeringwheel is the same as a 93+ PGT. I got the momo steering wheel and a hub for a Mazda 626. the thing is, the hub won't fit because there is a wire harness in the way impedeing it from going in. Look at the picture in the url below and you will see it

If you look at the next picture, you'll see the back of the hub. It does not have room for that harness to go in. What this harnes contains is the wires for the Air bag (Not being used any more), the cruise control, and the horn. Obviously I cannot remove the entire piece, but do you guys thing I can just shave off the bracket? meaning cut it off?

So since noone makes a bracket for cars with air bags, what can I do? For you guys with aftermarket steering wheels on a 93+ MX6/PGT, what did you do to get it on?

Right now my steeringwheel columb is all apart in pieces. I need some imediate help!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
bro i have a question what color is your interior did u paint it???? do u have any pics i like it a lot

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes you can, a matter of fact, you have to remove the whole thing.... Disconnect the battery first, then disconnect all the wires and remove the whole thing. Then you are ready to put the hub and steering wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts