Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I went out for ice cream tonight, and set my keys down on the seat to look for some change that fell on the floor---I found the change and locked the door. OOPS!!!!! My mom gave me a ride home, and I went to look for the spare and it's gone... it's been a LONG time since I have used it.

What's the best way to get into my car? Everyone says "use a coat hanger" does that really work? Is there a trick to it? I assume I will set off the alarm until i grab my keys.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
100 Posts
straighten out a coat hanger, put a hook on the end. feed it through where your window and door frame go together. wiggle it through until you get to the lock. it will set ur alarm off, but hey, u need ur keys right?...it helps if someone is on the other side to tell you how far you have to go.

·
Registered
352 Posts
you can also use something to wedge the door open while your doing this. Like a door stopper or something. It helps and thats what the locksmiths do.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
call a wrecker. cost ya $20 bones and save your nerves from trying to unlock it yourself.

solar

·
Registered
100 Posts
To get your key : break your window, unlock the door, and open it. There's your key :D

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Mate get back to your car and get into it any way you can ..Or some other Pr!ck will spot the keas and be off with it{with your house kea as well}!!! Use a brick if you have to, all tho a long coat hanger wire should do the trick.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
keys

Well, thanks for all of the help everyone! The lost spare key prompted me to clean my room (probably a good idea anyway) and I FOUND it!!!! I got a ride back to the parking lot and got my baby back :)

Alex

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just to an a pretty painless alternative, take your title to a dealership and they'll look up the key code and cut you a new one. $5 tops.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really!?

they will do that?? Cool! My spare is a copy of the original.. and my every day key is a copy of a copy--which doesn't work that well. Maybe i'll take it ove to mazda tomorrow.

alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts