Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All of these cars can be had for under 10 grand and they all are very similar on insurance quotes. Please help me pick one!

Mazdaspeed protege:

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Pros: Fast, 5 speed

Cons: fast, possibly bad fuel economy (19mpg or so in boost, not sure about regular driving), It's in Jersey (49 miles from me)

Mazda Protege5:

Pros: good looking, 5 speed, good fuel ecomony (24+ mpg highway), 28 miles from me

Cons: not that fast

Mazda Millenia S:

Pros: LOADED, pretty fast, good looking car, 25 miles from me

Cons: Automatic, 20mpg

Help!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
the mazdaspeed: hellofalot of fun.

the p5: great, mostly reliable daily. hatch is a positive if you need the space or have a dog.

millenia S: far more feature laden than the others.. very nice ride. too bad it will be parked most of the time and will demand your wallet like a mugging in downtown brooklyn. I would sooner go with a non S, high trim version. aside from the supercharger issues (none of them last. i've seen as low as 30k, but typical is 60-70k. I doubt this one has had a replacement yet, so plan on that being one of your first repairs, along with a very expensive and time consuming timing belt change. ie: price now goes up 1500, within a short period of time. The next weak point is the transmissions. Its the same 4ATE as the mx6/626 and it sucks. bad. hello blinking hold light. the only way i would choose a milennia S is if it had a hell of a good warranty, covering all drivetrain parts, and the dealership was known for no-hassle policy.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I have pretty much exhausted my resources.

The guy with the silver P5 was a fucking douche so I won't be calling him back. I like the millenia s but I don't want to have to pay a ton of money to get it fixed when things break. The MSP is also out because I don't think I would be responsible with it.

I think I am going to visit my local mazda dealership and see what kind of financing they can offer me on a 2008 or 2009 mazda of some kind. I like the 09 mazda6 i but I don't know what kind of monthly payments I would be looking at. It looks like Mazda is offering 0% APR for up to 60 months on their 2008 model cars.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I take it your dead set on a mazda? At your price point I'd personally I'd be looking for a saab 9-3 areo or a wrx wagon.

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
Looks like the MSP was in a wreck. Right fender doesn't match the doors. You should get a Jeep. Mine was $5995, 99, 4x4, 36k miles, leather, 10 disc.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I'll sell you my XJ. 99, 183k, gets 21mpg on the freeway, runs perfect ;)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I almost bought a MSP, but due to the lack of internal support for added boost I opted out.

I really dont like that syle of millenia at all so out of the 3 I would have to say get the P5. I have always like the P5's :)

But if it was my money I would try to find a used mazda 3. I dont think that distance to purchase is a pro or con at all when your buying a car. If you gotta pay an extra 100 bucks in gas to go the distance who give a fuck. Your dropping G's already.

Personally,

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Too bad you can't work yourself into the S pricing plan.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know man. An S would kick ass but I don't think I could afford it. There are a few other possibilities but I want to go to the dealership to at least see where I stand. It can't hurt to look. The worst that can happen is I don't get a brand new mazda6. Not the end of the world.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I'm talking about the Mazda S Pricing plan. Available to SCCA members and big corporations with pull (like mine) ;)

last I checked I could get a fully optioned MPS6 for 22k

1 - 20 of 22 Posts