Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to find a nice set of 18" wheels that will look good on my car. I am leaning toward bronze but I might also be persuaded to go with a flat black or dark gray wheel.

I like these the most right now.

Tenzo DC-6 version 1 18x8 35 offset

Tenzo DC-6 version 2 18x8 35 offset

Or something a little different...

TSW trackstar 5 18x8 40 offset

My car.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
1 or 2. we could both have 18" tenzos.

idk, i say get something with a lip.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My only stipulation is that I don't want a set of universal 5 lug wheels that will have extra lug holes when I install them. I hate the extra holes on my current wheels.

I like the wheels that tenzo makes. For the price I would assume their quality is good and they aren't godawful heavy.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I like the wheels that tenzo makes. For the price I would assume their quality is good and they aren't godawful heavy.
i had honestly never heard of them before i bought mine. Even when i bought them, i figured they were just an off brand/rip off company.

then i find out, i payed 200 for a set of 1500 wheels and tires :p

but i weighed mine, they were 38 with tires. the stock boys were 36. ide gain 8 pounds all around for those looks ;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
these are on my wish list lol...

if not those I want these :) lol

you may not like em but I personally love the brighter gold on the black car

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I was looking for 5 spokes but there aren't any bronze/gunmetal ones that I like. I don't like wheels with all the extra rivets and crap on them either.

If I was going to do a 5 spoke it would be something like this. Too bad I can't find it in 18". :(

Nexo ss-5

How about these? They are a pretty clean 5 spoke but I think they are too dark.

MB Boost

EDIT: 6 spoke wheels don't look too bad.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
idk.. i really am going to have to go with thingsthatfly. i kinda feel that they look "cheap" also...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Lol, why is it so hard to find a set of clean 5 spoke wheels with a lip? You would think that there would be a bunch of companies who offer them. :shrug:

I feel you guys on the 6 spoke thing. I would prefer 5 spoke wheels.
I know youre looking for 18's cuz your runnin around with 16's at the moment Chef but, if you upped the rim size by just one inch you would see a BIG difference. Got a suggestion. Pick up some 17x8 Trak Lites and have them PC'd Bronze. Theyre not very expensive, lighweight, strong as [shizzle] and are 5 spokes plus, they have a decent lip..........Just an idea

Example (lip):

·
Registered
223 Posts
I need to update my 16" Motegi Mr7's. They're too outdated. I am going to buy a set of 17" bronze wheels for my black mx6. I am trying to decide between a few different styles.

Exel Speed
Offset: 45

What happened to these, i would vote for these ones

Edit: i see you are looking for 18 now, but if they make these in 18 i would vote for these ones.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know youre looking for 18's cuz your runnin around with 16's at the moment Chef but, if you upped the rim size by just one inch you would see a BIG difference. Got a suggestion. Pick up some 17x8 Trak Lites and have them PC'd Bronze. Theyre not very expensive, lighweight, strong as [shizzle] and are 5 spokes plus, they have a decent lip..........Just an idea

Example (lip):

I like the motegi trak lites a lot. I was leaning towards them but I kind of want a wheel with some contrasting colors on it. They are hella light though. Is your buddy still selling his bronze trak lites?

what about these? Enkei Evo 5's

The evo 5's are nice but they have 10 holes for lugs. I want a set of wheels with only 5 holes.

I think you can go wrong with any of the ones you posted. I really like the tsw's i think they give a sporty but clean look. Here are a few more pics black car is shadow3030.

I actually like that look. It would match my m-edition tails nicely. Any more info on the car and wheels? Are those 18's and what springs is the car dropped on?

What happened to these, i would vote for these ones

Edit: i see you are looking for 18 now, but if they make these in 18 i would vote for these ones.
They only come in 17x7 and the I can't find them in bronze anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
hows come the extra holes bother you so much?

idk, ive never even noticed them on my car i suppose.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts