Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. I went to get my emissions checked today and well, I failed! Too much NOx (nitrogen oxides). The guy said it could be caused my EGR (or cat converter), so I started looking for my EGR but wasn't sure if these were correct or not.. Please tell me if I am correct with all these EGR labelings. I have 2.0 95 mx6 (atx if it matters).. I kno that thing I labeled o2 sensor is the o2 sensor, so could you tell me if that thing i labeled the valve is the valve? and also the solenoid and the pipe (pretty sure bout this, since its the only pipe that runs from headers to exhaust manifold, and on the other side is that thign i labelled as the valve)..

ALSO, A while ago (after I installed my old ghetto intake), the CEL came on, and I think the code was either for 02 sensor or EGR, but anyway when I replaced my fuel filter the light went away.. but idle gets rough at times and never idles at ~700, always ~400..

Thanks a bunch!

Jason

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
sorry but i cant help although emission control people dont mess around with this stuff.. my buddy replaced his EGR valve with screws to recirculate the air in his engine and was fine $1200... All i know is when you do find the EGR valve u'll see hoses near by so make sure everything is fit tightly or a leak could be your problem... im sure ML from rezaxx would be able to pin point the EGR valve... hope this helps... peas out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts