Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being new here, I guess this is the only place I start a new thread right now. :: sigh :: I've got like 1,500 posts on 247 ;) anyway.... My car is the "bucket o fail" project. $300 with lots of work needed, but most of the parts it needs in the trunk. Opened boxes last night and found out my rotors are cross drilled and slotted brembos, and real ones, got the recepit in there, no cheap ebay ones :D It felt like I won the lottery!!

I have a few questions:
1. Is there any way to make the gauges brighter (night and/or day) or are there any bright aftermarket gauges? I really do NOT want the white faced indiglo ones though. Any black ones or bulbs/leds that actually make them brighter and not just change color?

2. My power window motors are dying. They work fine but are really slow, and the passenger side is really really slow. I got my sunroof to open a bit, but then it took 2 of us a couple of minutes to get it shut again. So, how hard/expensive is it to fix the window motors and/or sunroof motor? I think I could reinstall the mechanism for the doors if I ripped one out of a junkyard, but sunroof :\

I'm sure I will be posting lots of other questions, but we'll take care of those later

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get any answers about the sunroof? Because I am wondering the same thing. Although it sounds like mine might be in a little better condition than yours, so I would hate to have to tear out my headliner to fix the stupid sunroof motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i don't know if you've checked it out but when you take the gauges out on the bulbs there are green rubber caps on some of them and if you remove them it makes a bit of a difference ...at least for mine it did...i discovered them when i disassembled my dash to clean it...also my sunroof also has problems but i sprayed the track and moving parts with wd40 and it runs smoother i used to have to push up on it cuz it would stop mid way now its just slow...also my passenger side window got stuck all the way down when it was raining but my brother fixed it all i know is he had to disassemble the door...i could ask if youd like though?:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts