Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know much about cars but what should i put on my stock mx6 v6 mtx to make it run 14s??

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
do you want high 14s or low 14s??? There is a HUGE difference between the two. I am going to assume in my response you mean high 14s because the other number is VERY hard to do with your car.

get a cold air intake. Next, get headers, high flow cat, and a cat back exhaust system. Get a fidanza 9lbs flywheel with a stage 1 clutch. This coupled with stiffer struts and better springs should do it assuming you can well.

There is the motor swap route, but this is going to be more expensive. You can get a KLZE swap, which is the jdm motor for the mx6 putting out 200hp instead of 165hp.

The last and prolly best, but most likely to explode in your face inf you don't know what you are doing, is to get a 75shot of nitrous coupled with the flywheel/clutch combo above and a Walbro 255lph fuel pump.

you decide, and be careful. All three of these is going to run you at least $1000.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
motor swap

how much will the motor swap cost and where can i find out about it and where to get one?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Re: motor swap

KT93MX6 said:
how much will the motor swap cost and where can i find out about it and where to get one?
Hey, Kevin, feel free to IM me at Rylinkus13 on AIM and I can answer some swap questions. Just got mine done a few months back. (Man I miss my old motor. )
Anyway, if you go into the 2nd gen performance section of this site there's a KLZE FAQ at the top of it. Tons of info. I think page 4 or 5 has a list of places that sell the engine, though there's a few more now. Read up on some of that to start. Tons of good stuff that you'll want to know. It's not a cheap route, and as many people have said, if you have a well running KL03 it might be better worth your while to stick with it, as the gains vs. cost ratio is pretty small. But if your engine is sick, or dead, then it's a great swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts