Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 6 has been dragin ass lately it just dosent have the pickup it did what could possibly be wrong??????????????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any other symptoms?

Could be alot of things I guess. Is there anything else different about your car? RPM, noises, smells, etc?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I love these highly informative posts.

"I have a car. It is broken. How can I fix it?"

:freak:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah and especially the guy that said "You have the wrong head on your car."

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok sorry guys for the lack of info i have an '89 gt the engine often rattles but i think thats the heat shield and i can often smell burnt oil.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ok how bout answering a few questions...how many miles are on it, do you beat on it, is it standard or automatic, have you changed anything on it lately, how often do you do oil changes, have you checked your spark plugs for oil on them, do you see oil leaking from anywhere on the engine, does your exhaust smell or look weird...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, my 6 had 40,000 miles on the rebuilt engine, Yeah i kinda beat on it and i change the oil every 3,000 but it does need to be changed now im far past that now, my car is standart 5-speed and i havent checked my plugs for oil and i'll have to check for that wierd smell your talking about.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If you really don't hardly ever change the oil, then you may have a screwed turbo. You have to change the oil frequently on turbo cars. Especially if you thrash it.
Imagine that YOU ARE YOUR CAR, then you won't beat on it so much.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
antiSUV said:
Imagine that YOU ARE YOUR CAR, then you won't beat on it so much.
That's actually a really good analogy.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thanks.
That's how I think about it. And it's why I cringe when it's obvious someone is totally not mechanically sympathetic.
My advice to ckenn101 is this:
Buy the Mazda shop manual and memorize it. That's the best thing you can possibly do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts