Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my auto mx6 LS for almost a year now, and summer is fast approaching, still I haven't done anything to it yet. Seeing as how many confused people like me are being helped by other members, I would like to know from everyone what's a good intake, and headers out there, and also not too expensive cuz I need to pay for schooling still. Also, what's a good muffler I can put on it to get a good low rumbling sound (not the shitty sounds you hear from civics like a bitch is sweeling). The more advice, the better. Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
The intake would be kind off a trick because of your auto, I think rpm would be the way to go.'

Headers a good cheep choice as well as best preformer the would be the pacesetter($200).

As for the muffler, the sky is the limit. Our v-6's sound great with just about any mufler. I have a magnaflow race muffler(www.magnaflow.com) which is a straight through design. Mine cost me $130 installed at a local muffler shop. I also bought a resonator for $50 instaled becuase my old one was worn out and it made my muffler way to load. Now, it just lets out a mellow purr that almost sounds like a ferrari.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
61 Posts
im considering getting a muffler aswell...so far what i got in mind is:

1/ dtm twin tip style muffler
or 2/ apexi N1 type muffler
(both are stainless steel ofcourse!!!)

what do u guys think???....coz i got no idea which one will give me performance aswell as sound. if i could get both it would be cool but, i would like performance rather than sound.....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
MX-6 BOY jr said:
The intake would be kind off a trick because of your auto, I think rpm would be the way to go.'

Headers a good cheep choice as well as best preformer the would be the pacesetter($200).

As for the muffler, the sky is the limit. Our v-6's sound great with just about any mufler. I have a magnaflow race muffler(www.magnaflow.com) which is a straight through design. Mine cost me $130 installed at a local muffler shop. I also bought a resonator for $50 instaled becuase my old one was worn out and it made my muffler way to load. Now, it just lets out a mellow purr that almost sounds like a ferrari.

Hope this helps!
does the PRM fit the auto????????

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for the help guys. So what other kinds of intakes out there that fits an auto v6 other than the PRM like you've mentioned. Hmm correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Type R only belong to Hondas?? Just curious cuz of someone's username on here (MX6_Type_R) or something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts