Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 90 mx6 atx. I put in a full tank of gas and it leaks near the rear driver tire.

Also gear change from 1st to 2nd is abrupt and noticeable.

Weather striping on the door is torn out. Driving on hwy is noisy and drafty.

Does anyone ever experience these problems? What is the cause? How do you solve it?

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
OK...

The noise on the hi-way is from the door stripping being torn out. If you still have it get some epoxy and glue it back on...otherwise you'll have to buy the expensive mazda replacement. Even when your wheatherstripping is perfect these cars are kinda noisy when you are going fast.

The shifting problem may be due to the fact that the ATX trannies on these cars aren't really the best; yours could be ailing. Make sure it has all it's fluid.

Get under the car and check the fuel filler hose to see where it is leaking. Getting this fixed soon is probably a good idea.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you sure that the fuel is leaking? You might of just over filled it. Check to see if there is fuel behind the fuel door. Or signs that it leaked over the body, like an oily resin.

I have the automatic too. The shift is hard when the car is cold and when accelerating fast. Under normal accelerating, shifting around 2,500rpms it is smooth as butter :)

[Edited by kennymx6 on 12-21-2000 at 02:40 AM]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts