Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend of my son get his 93 LS back on the road. Several items had been removed for clean up in the engine compartment. Need less to say he forgot where a couple of things connect. Using the Haynes book I was able to sort out all but three. Can some one please look at their car and let me know where these items connect?

1. The vacuum line that fits in the molded clips on the air box. Both ends are loose. One looks like it connects to the cruise control but I am not sure of that. I can find no open connection on the engine for the other end either.

2. There is a small line that is attached to what looks like a charcoal canister behind the cruise control actuator, Where does the other end go?

There is a wire at the rear passenger side of the engine near the power steeing pump. It is a single wire with a cylindrical connector. I think it is a power steering pressure switch line but I can't find where it connects.

Thanks,

Kory

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure which connections your talking, but if you go to
www.rs-productions.com and go into the site, then go to 'Tech and FAQ', there is a Vacuum Line schematic to click on. It shows the answer to your second question.

Jim D
94PGT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure if I can help but I just went outside and looked at my motor for you. I have a 93 ls and just a few months ago put in a klze but the wireing and vac lines are almost the same. I have a PRM intake and I only have one vac line that goes to a hard line on the intake by the TB, comes back out the other side back into a rubber line and attaches to a Y that goes to both vris. If you look at the back of the motor there are three small relays they look like, but they have vac lines attatched. The one that does not attatch to the vris 1 or 2 is the one that goes to the canister, I have the top hole on the relay going to the canister. The other end of the wire that you are looking for seems like it would be clipped to the intake, mine is just hanging because my new motor doesnt have anywhere to clip it too. I think mine went into a large cluster of wires. Well I hope this helps it may not be right because I looked for you in the dark with a flashlight. good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input but The diagram mentioned does not answer my questions.
The white line from the cannister is not shown at the other end. Does it vent to atmosphere and have no connection?
Also there is not line clipped to the air filter in the diagram and no cruise control module so I still don't know where they go.

KK

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I looked it over again before work this morning. I see one line from the canister goes to the fuel tank and the other one should go to the steel line under the throttle body according to the diagram. The steel line already has a hose on it so I will have to figure out where it goes and start over. I still need to find out where the line clipped to the air filter box routes to as well.

KK

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your vac line off of the canister should go under the TB and then out to the top inlet on the solenoid valve. The line from the air box should go to a steel line under the TB and then to the Egr vent solnoid valve. Watch the steel lines there are two or three and it is very easy to come out at the wrong one so follow them carefully. Im pretty sure that the vac line from the cruise control goes to the nipple just above or below the Fuel preasure reg. The FPR goes in one and cruise goes in the other they are right above each other. I hope this helps and I now have to check to make sure that I did my vac lines right for my klze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts