Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After purchasing the blue/green switchable reverse glow gauges from Procarparts (alfaotto brand), upon installation, they did not light up. They were first wired to the orange wire from the fog light switch. After this failed, I tried running it from the dimmer switch (which worked on my last set). Are these gauges defective? Why are they not lighting up?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you sure the lights have a good ground? Did you run the wires where there was no chance of them getting pinched?

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
This could be a stupid question, but is your dimmer switch turned all the way down?

·
Registered
237 Posts
i just hooked mine to the power of the dimmer switch. regardless if it is turned all the way down, they still get full power, since the power wire gets a constant 12v. are you sure the little "transformer" is not bad? try hooking it up straight to your battery or something to see if it even works.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Definatlly thinking its a bad ground / wire splice / connection

Did you plug the guages into the inverter?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gauges are joined to the transformer. The red gauge wire has been wrapped around the dimmer switch and then taped with electrical tape. The black ground wire is fixed underneath a screw.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Sometimes the red wire comes loose with just electrical tape, id sugest using a wire splice. I had this problem with mine when i first got them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But mine did not light up at all, and I had the wire wrapped very tightly. I am thinking it is a bad set? Wire splicing isn't absolutely necessary right for these gauges right? My last set I did the same procedure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts