Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I plan to do is get some pre-made fiberglass vents and insert them in my fenders. What I need to know is what can I do to attach them and what I should use to fill in the sides to hide where I cut out, so there are no creases outlining the inserts. I just read in another thread about fixing a crack in a side mirror and Stealth was talking about some kind of fiberglass jelly which is pretty much fiberglass without the cloth being needed (composite part) if that would work then I will look into that. I will appreciate all the help, Karma will be givin.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
On those fender inserts i would cut the hole, fit them inserts from the backside, grind 2 inches of metal around the insert , and then i would use real fiberglass resin and the cloth to make the bond.

Then you can glassfill or regular body fill the crease on the front so its all smooth and purdy

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Stealth said:
On those fender inserts i would cut the hole, fit them inserts from the backside, grind 2 inches of metal around the insert , and then i would use real fiberglass resin and the cloth to make the bond.

Then you can glassfill or regular body fill the crease on the front so its all smooth and purdy
Exactly, and make sure that you fiberglass it REAL good on the back, becouse if its not going to be seen it doesn't need to be smooth and you can make it much thicker/stronger:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks, I plan on doing Z3 fenders and Im getting the ones that have a spot for the BMW logo, but instead I plan on taking the Mazda emblem center caps off of my stock wheels and put them there so there is no empty space.

·
Registered
954 Posts
thatz gonna look nice man, post pix when ur done. i wanna put a mazdaspeed badge/decal in front of the vents to accent them (just an idea 4 u)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts