Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post here. I've been reading a lot of your posts and have been very interested in seeing all the performance mods done to your 6's.

I have a 96 M-edition V6. I love the car, and it performs quite well. However, I would love to start with some basic advice on simple steps I can take to enhance performance. From my understanding, an overhaul of the intake/exhaust can be a relatively simple procedure to boost performance. Anyone have a link to detailed instructions on this procedure?

I am proficient with regular maintenance on my car, but I'm no mechanic. I haven't torn my engine apart to replace stock parts with brand name manufacturer's parts or anything. I stuck on some high performance Michelin tired rated up to 160mph (expensive...like $750 for 4 plus mounting), but other than that my rig is completely stock.

As I said, any advice for the n00b?:)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
511 Posts
do a search for homedepot CAI and you'll find many different set-ups and instructions for a cheap intake.

nopionline.com has borla catbacks for $300 right now. they sound great on the 6. keep searching and reading then decide what else you want to go ahead and spend the cash on. also probetalk.com has a wealth of info on our engines.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How much 'performance' are you looking to get. The MX-6 can be a great sleeper w/ nothing more than NOS. A hotshot intake looks sexy under the engine bay and offers good performance. Headers and exhaust are the next logical step.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got BFGoodrich Comp T/As Z rated for 92 bucks a peice, and I get a free Gtech Pro out of the deal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts