Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am a regular visitor, but don't post too often...I must say you guys are tremendous help...I have a few questions please...I have a '93 mx-6 MTX with about 111000 miles...runs good...I had the transmission fluid changed 2 weeks ago...I don't know if its my imagination, but 2nd gear seems to be a little hard to go in when the car is cold...Also I have seen a few puddles of Cooler fluid under the car a few times, nothing too big...I also want to change the gaskets...can i do it myself...One more I am looking for one of those vent looking plastic inserts that go into the bumper at the bottom for the passenger side...I know this is long, but if anyone can help me with these questions I would appreciate it

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
what fluid did you put in the tranny? have you located the collant leak? and which engine do you have?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JSpec,
I had the guys at the shopchange the transmission fluid...so i am not sure what they put in there...also I have looked, but cannot seem to find the leak...all i know is that its coming from the front left side of the car...it doesn't leak continuously and also i checked the reserve reservoir and radiator and they still have coolant in them...my engine is a stock 2.2L MTX

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
ummmm the 2.2 didnt come on the 93. if you have the 4-cyl then you have a 2.0L. when you say left side, i assume you mean the driver side. thats where the drain cock for the radiator is. it might not be closed all the way. crawl under your car and open a little flap that says drain (i think) and you should see a small hose. thats where your coolant is drained and it would be a good place to start looking for the leak. hope i helped.

oh and BTW which gaskets were you planning on changing?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks J,
I will try to see if that is closed all the way o the radiator...About the gaskets I am not sure which ones i want to change...I have to buy me a manual...but in the meanwhile i was trying to see if anyone had any suggestions on which ones i should change and the price on them...I just want to make sure that there is no oil leaking anywhere

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
it would be a good idea to change the head gasket. they usually cost about $30-50. i paid $130 for a solid copper gasket. while youve got your valve cover off, you should probably change that gasket too.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
a shop manual? sure. even if you dont have the shop manual, its not too hard. youll need a few uncommon items but thats about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks J,
I got the manual today and I am gonna proceed to change them and let you know how it goes...thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if you have any questions that arent in the manual dont be afraid to ask...i have first hand experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts