Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Got a 1994 dark green mx6 recently. Want to hook it up. Need help. Where to start any ideas or any cheap things to start out with???????

·
Registered
932 Posts
Where do you want to start? Performance, appearence, etc.? I personally started out with some rims! Well, I bought the car with some on. They are not my style but will sell them and get new ones. Performance wise, I started with my homemade intake! Probably the cheapest and easiest mod. Also has an awesome sound! :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Not to be a smart arse or anything but, I would try to be original and unique about modifyin gyou rcar. Most of all, do what you think would look right. It doesn't matter what people think or say... if you're looking for advice, visit the "Pic Post" forum and check out all of the rides there. I'm sure that will give you a lot of ideas...

I mean, just because I think that a huge arse wing molded out of human ficies looks hot doesnt mean that you should make one... LOL :cool:

·
Registered
932 Posts
JPM is right. Very right. I would go with rims. Those stock mx6 rims are just to ugly. Just consider a lot of things: does performance matter to you, do you want a good ride, are you putting on a kit eventually? All these things and more you should consider when selecting rims!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what's up....i have the same color 6....you can check out my pic on the pic post....looking for cheap appearance mods? rims are not one of them....i have a pinstripe on mine, very inexpensive, but adds a nice touch...a tint cost a little more, but looks nice on any six in my opinion....i just changed my interior lighting to green....it cost me about 20 bucks for the 5 necessary green bulbs, i'm also about to install a neon green shift knob....I don't know if you're into modifying the appearance of the interior, but the lights look sweet at night....and if you ever get girls in your six, they like that, seriously...and dont forget the cheapest appearance mod of all, keeping your car clean!!! i'm washing and waxing mine tomorrow....hope i could help some...c-ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks good ideas, whered u get the bulbs at? i am def tinting it out just looking for the right place to get it done. i wanna get a system too i would like to change the whole interior but that seems expensive so i will start with small things like ur ideas...
BTW my friends nickname is GOAT too
Ryan
Nj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got the bulbs at this accessory store here in Orlando called "The Last Stop"....I know it's not a national chain, so I don't know if it's in NJ or not....but they will sell colored bulbs at any car accessory store, and even car part stores will sell some, just not in the variety of colors you'd find at a place that sells just appearance mod stuff....with the tint and the interior lighting, you'll have an awesome start...and the 94 6 is already a beautiful car, just keep it clean, later

·
Registered
932 Posts
I love modding my interior. I have a Blue neon head-unit! Panasonic 800U, blue neon shiftknob. All doors and maplights are changed to blue. Custom front lit neon blue gauges, and some blue neon pedals! In the process of changing all the control buttons to blue! Looks sweet as hell at night! Already got it tinted 5%.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bule?

dued that sounds tite as hell...i wanna do all my lights blue too but don't know how....and i wanna do all the mods u have...if its no problem u think u can send me all the info on how ud did ur blue mods at [email protected] a lot man.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I got mine off ebay. For like $50 bucks! Not still sure if their still on though! Their bright as hell and sweet in my opinion!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Im pretty poor so i just colored all my interior bulbs with a permanent marker haha. Looks alright, since it was free

1 - 14 of 14 Posts