Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started smoking today, from around the over fill box for the antifreeze. I recently checked the overfill box and there was no hole or crack anywhere..Now the check engine light is on and its running real crappy. I felt the little tubes to and from the over fill resivior, and they where hot. Could it be that the metal tube going into the overfill box is clogged??? Also how do i get the codes from the Check Engine Light....you know..the one with the falshing and pausing?????????

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
OK, what year is your car? You say there's a metal line going the overflow reservoir. I'm not familiar with any metal lines, and I just want to make sure you're not driving a 2ndgen. Now for the check engine light, if it is indeed a 1stgen (88-92), there is a green connector by the drivers side strut tower. Ground it using a short length of wire. Then turn on the ignition (dont start engine) and it will blink out codes. Let us know what codes you came up with.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1st gen you silly goose...lol thanks for the reply dude, i can't believe you you thought I was second gen guy...geez whats the world coming to..lol. The metal line I was talking about goes from the yellow cap on the resivior into the box...not the 2 rubber ones on top...Im going to check my code now..ill be back with the results..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok guys...it flashed 9 times, no pauses....I double checked and everything...its 9 flashes. What can it be?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it! Found it on probetalk...09 means engine coolant temperatur sensor. How do i fix this now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts