Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sup guys? i was wondering about headers for my 93 mx6 v6... what are my options and what are the best options? i hear pacesetters are good...but some say the hotshot is good with the hotshot intake... which do y'all think i should go with?

"Al"

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ahhhhh, another "which header is better" question. This topic has been beaten, violated, raped and beaten again with a broomstick.

Dyno results show that the Pacesetter headers supply a little more HP than the Hotshot headers. However, the pacesetter headers are often made with cheaper quality materials and shoddy welding. This means that the pacesetters are more prone to leak after a while of having them on. Also, if you don't get the ceramic coated ones, they will rust and will look like crap. Then after a few years, you'll wind up having to replace them because they've rusted and are leaking all over.

My suggestion, get the pacesetters armor coated headers. Then, take it to a shop and have them REWELD all of the jointsmaking sure that there is absolutely no way that they can leak. Then, have them ceramic coated again. if you do this, not only would you have the headers that supply the more power of the two, but you'll have headers that will last you a bit longer.

Me, I didn't want to go through the hassle of fixing up the pacesetters and just went with the Hotshot headers.

I'm closing this post due to it's repetitiveness so if you'd like to follow up on this, please run a search and read the other posts there are about this header battle and maybe your answer will be included in it's content.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.