Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help with batterery bubbling over due to electical issue. think it has something to do with the allternator on the positive side but I dont know much electrical car stuff. I have the klze swap with alot of bolt on performance but I dont think they have anything to do with the battery. I have bubbled out two batts. in the last 2 days Help if anyone knows or has had this issue.:cry:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
^^^I also first thought of overcharging from the alternator. Take your car to an autoparts store and have it tested to find out if you don't have the proper tools.

metros

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
If you have a voltmeter just connect it across the battery with the engine running. You should see about 13.8-14.2 volts. I suspect you're probably seeing 16+V which is indicating the voltage regulator in the alternator is smoked.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool guys I'll check it out. thanks if thats what it is I'll pass all you guys some carma marks

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just looking at the alternator and man is it down in there whats the best way to it?
do I need to come from underneth to get to it. Thats what I suspect

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
From underneath I believe. Unbolt the AC compressor and swing it out of the way to get to the alt...

Were you able to check the system voltage with the engine running?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope not yet have to pick up my voltage meter from my pops place

1 - 8 of 8 Posts