Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code 16 is the EGR position sensor,and 17 some feed back system not changed in some amout of time.ok so I replaced the EGR valve,and sensor,then can the ERR on the ECU.after running car around the block.light flickers and the same two codes come up.any feed back would be app.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
did you try again???

or better yet.... did you plug everything in?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
First warm up the car to operating temp and check to see if the EGR diaphragm moves when you rev up the engine. If it doesn't you may have a problem with the EGR solenoid block on the firewall.

Any strange idle issues? Your O2 sensor may have gone bad. My guess is that there may be something wrong with your Idle Speed Control (ISC) system. There are two pieces of hardware mounted to the back of your throttle body - the ISC valve and an air valve. Try removing them and cleaning them up. You'll need to source a new gasket for them should you go this route.

:shrug: Only other thing that comes to mind is a vacuum leak significant enough to throw a code.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
The Check Engine light flickering can be a symptom of a vacuum or intake air leak. I know that when my old DX had a bad TB boot, the light would flicker and register code 16 or 17. Check intake air and vacuum lines for leaks.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
manke...if you've got a bad TB Boot....let me know, i've got one CHEAP i can get to you :) AND, were in the same town.

·
Registered
88 Posts
code16 and 17

my car has these codes as well i replaced egr and sensor, o2, and cool temp, hooked up an emmisions smoker for testing vacuum leaks, none found. I have a high idle but you can bog it down to normal speed then it will stabilize ant 900rpm... Oh and i did a five speed conversion to the car as well. So anyone wit more ideas let me know otherwise the car is for sale as is 1500 bucks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts