Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I own a 93 Mazda MX6 and whenever i put the key into ignition there is a key bell, it isnt untill either all doors are locked or the car is actually ignited that the beeping stops.
I was wondering where is it located and how could i remove it.
Thanks,
Phill.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
its located in the cpu box. That bell also warns you of leaving your lights on when ignition set to off, i can assure you, you will be hitting yourself over the head with a hammer the first time you come back to a flat battery.
Its a warning indicator, doors not shut correctly, lights on etc etc.. just put the ignition to on, that will keep it quiet whilst you are working on it.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I took the beeper out of my taurus but there is something wrong electrically and it wouldn't stop beeping. :shrug:

Does the beeping occur at bad times or something?

If I am working on the car with the doors opened and the key turned on so I can have the radio on I just prop something up against the little sensor that the door pushes down when it is closed. That should stop the beeping in that situation.

·
Registered
347 Posts
the way they work is when your door is shut of your lights are off it grounds the circut..

by leaving your door open it doensnt make a full circut and starts the bell..

its kind of backwards from what you would expect. by removing it you will never have a full loop so it will always go off.. the best way to remove it is to ground the main wire..

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
if you don't mind not having a radio, you can always disconnect the interior fuse and it'll stop the beeping and lights, etc. altogether :) but it won't be annoying you anymore. i think it's the raised fuse on the bottom of the fuse box

1 - 5 of 5 Posts