Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to getting the nice clean lines with the lasso? The only way i know is by doing the whole thing once and my mouse doesnt like to cooperate.
Also, I cant find the paint bucket. Its not in the same place as it shows on the tutorials. The gradiant tool is where the tutorials say the paint bucket should be. BTW, I have version 7.0.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you'll pay attention to some of the buttons, they have an arrow next to them. There are too many tool to fit, so if you click, and hold one with an arrow, more options show up.

No worries, it took me like an hour to figure that out! Argh. I'm not so sure what you mean by making lines with the lasso. Is it that you can't because of your mouse? Because in that case, I suggest getting a new mouse. Prefferably a mouse that doesn't include a track ball ;)

Here's the Paint Bucket:

Good luck. Karma? :D

-brandoN^-

·
Registered
407 Posts
No prob bro, happy to help. Talk to you later.

-brandoN^-

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
dont foget, if your lassoing something of one colour, use the majic wand. but if ya want to use the lasso, i used the fixed line one - and just click in alot of places, it is BY FAR the easiest way to outline, and the neatest.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yes, use polygonal lasso tool, magnify the picture and click often to get short lines.
I've found that usually magic wand and magnetic lasso tool are not "smart" enough to understand what I want to select so I rarely use them.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
There's a much easier and accurate way to lasso something you want to cut out. All you need to do is start tracing the area you want to cut out with the lasso (doesn't matter if it's as accurate as you want...that will come in the next step.) Once you finish lassoing the object, click on the mask tool (located right under the primary/secondary colour pallet). You should see the area where your object wasnt selected turn a transparent red. Now click on the paintbrush tool, and using the primary/secondary colour pallet (black and white) paint around your object to clean up the egdes! You can zoom in really close as well to make it as accurate as you want. Once you're happy with what you've done, click the mask tool again and it will change the display back to the lasso and show you what you've selected. Then cut and paste!

- Daryl

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
That's a great link, Stealth. Have some imaginary karma because apparently I've already given you too much real one!

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
UnDeR_FLiP said:
There's a much easier and accurate way to lasso something you want to cut out. All you need to do is start tracing the area you want to cut out with the lasso (doesn't matter if it's as accurate as you want...that will come in the next step.) Once you finish lassoing the object, click on the mask tool (located right under the primary/secondary colour pallet). You should see the area where your object wasnt selected turn a transparent red. Now click on the paintbrush tool, and using the primary/secondary colour pallet (black and white) paint around your object to clean up the egdes! You can zoom in really close as well to make it as accurate as you want. Once you're happy with what you've done, click the mask tool again and it will change the display back to the lasso and show you what you've selected. Then cut and paste!

- Daryl

That or just do a rough polygonyl lasso, new layer via copy, then eraser the edges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts