Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my boost controller was in the car, so i decided to reroute it inside the bay. so im messen around with it to find a nice psi to stay at. so i get around 11 and it drops to 9. ok so i turn it up more i get to 12 and it goes to 10ish and i so start seeing if it will rise agianand kept driving. and all of a sudden it stopped boosting and no vacuume was showing.. and i open the hood and i hear this hissing from the tb.. so im assuming the tb boot. am i correct? im probably going to do that alternative tb boot i saw on that thread.
please get back to me if i am right about this tb boot. and what was causing it to go to 12 and go to 9.
thanks

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Take the thing off and inspect for cracks, any cracks and you've found your problem. As I said in the other thread, you may think you can go cheap by installing the Home Depot garbage disposal TB boot, but you'll likely find it is not nearly as sturdy as the stock boot. Order the correct TB boot from the Mazda dealer and you'll be good for another 15 years.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but will this most likely be the problem. it makes this hissing noise and it hassent before. and the boost guage is stay at 0 when the car idels and it idels higher then it usually did 750 vs 1100
thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I wonder if anyones ever tried sending crack via USPS or the like. I remember a while back there was cocaine on ebay :lol:

Figured I'd continue to hijack this thread since the original posters answer was answered in his original post.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
car runnin like shit too? then it's the TB Boot. it wouldn't hurt to make sure all of your other turbo/take hose connections are good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.