Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, i am 17 starting out on upgrading my bone stock MX-6 LS.

i need everything... intake, exhaust, struts, springs, tower brace and anything else that could possibly go in to make it run awesome. right now i have a '93 MX-6 LS 2.5L V6. i know that i am getting the Erebuni Shogun 711 ground effects and spoiler and 18" rims... if that helps with what type of springs and stuff i need.

i just need all the advice possible so that i can make a sound decision. what has worked well on your car? what are great couplings on products? who makes the best?

i know that i've heard HKS intake is awesome and that Eibach springs and Bosal Brospeed exhaust tips are awesome... true?

plus.. i'm getting a ZEX N2O system later on...

thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
For air intake go with a PRM or if you live somewhere dry you can get a HotShot intake. The HotShot can get wet when it rains though.

For exhaust you could go with Greddy, Bosel, Borla, or a custom job. Custom is cheapest and would be just as good if you find a good exhaust shop to build it. Just make sure it's mandrel bent.

I like the Eibach springs with Illumina 5-way struts, but others like the GC coilovers for suspension.

Just do a search on the stuff you want to know about you should be able to find alot of previous posts on this subject.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
GC is the best, i would buy the coilover, u will enjoy them more than just a spring from intrax. as for the struts i am getting the KYB gas sturts, i wil tell u how they r later on. as for the rims get at least 17 or 18 like u said. have u thought about what brand tire u want to use on the rims. dotn get chrome, please. if i was going with a intake i would go with PRM i dont have but the HKS i do have is ok. i want to try the PRM out. Greddy is pricey, i have the HKS Dragger, i like it but it is a little loud. do a custom job, i think that is the way to go cause my HKS is just a muffler and new pipe. i have a tower bar from RACTIVE, it rubs a little on the manifold, but not a lot at all, just a tiny little. hav eu thought about a header, i have heard bad thing about PACESETTER. as for the kit from erebuni u better find u a good body shop, they will have to mold it on the car and repant the car for u. also find u a mech. shop for your upgrades u cant do yourself, become friends with the guys and who know they might hook u up. well if u need ehlp the guys on here r the best guy for anything, mikepgt is the mech guy, and other r cool too, he really know his stuff.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

i appreciate guys....

i'm going with 18" rims (preferably MHT Quans or Enkei RPO2s) with Toyo Tires. i got the body place down, the do awesome stuff... and i have the paint place down also... the do awesome paint jobs and they are also shaving my trunk lock and antenna.

there's a local place for exhaust that i can go to, so thanks for the sugg. they're really awesome and i didn't even think about them.

still, is there anytype of special spring, strut, or suspension i need, going with 18" rims?? i need it to not look dumb with the new lower ground kit. just curious...

thanks a bunch

·
Registered
291 Posts
Suspension...

Hey there...

You can't go wrong with a Ground Control Set up. If you get the Ground Control coilovers, you can adjust your height any time. That way, you'll be guaranteed that your ride will look just like you want it to. Also, get the Tokico 5-way adjustable Struts. You will be able to adjust your ride firmness with these. Make sure you do this before you get your rims. Your car will look like you lifted it otherwise...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts