Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 93 2.0 4 CYLINDER, WITH 96K MILES AUTO. SHE KEEPS STALLING ON ME. ANY ONE HAVE AN IDEA WHY. IT WILL STALL AND MINUTES LATER START BACK UP FINE. THEN DO IT AGAIN. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sounds like an ignition problem. I know the 93 model V6's had a distributor problem which kinda sounds suspect here, but I am not sure about the 4 cylinder. It starts sporadic and eventually it won't start at all. I am going to say check out the disty.

Xeon

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had the exact same problem in my V6 MX-6. I had to have the dealership fix it. The problem was caused by a chip for your distributor that is controlled by your computer. It went bad and caused my car to stall and then start fine, just like yours. Hope this helps.
GirlRacer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the distributor in November the car ran fine for 2 weeks then it went back to normal. Where is this chip exactly? I think I may know what you are speaking of is it in the actual Dist? Thanks so much guys.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm not sure where the chip is but it had to be replaced by my dealership. I'll call and ask them for you. I haven't had the car very long and my dealership fixed it for free. I do know that it's not supposed to burn out like that though.
GirlRacer

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back with you. The dealership I go to is German and they are really great about taking care of my car and the customer. Only problem is the only one who speaks English is the man we bought our car from and he's out of town for a short time. I'm getting my oil changed Tues. or Wed. and I'll ask him what the exact part was then, he will be back. If you find the problem before then, please let me know.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts