Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was putting an intergra ls/vtec where it belongs(witch is behind me lol) and when i got off the freeway i felt and noticed a clanking noise possibly coming from the heads or the block.....is it rod-knock??? can some one help me figure it out

all help would be appreciated-morpheen

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
If you were low on oil, you could have dropped a valve, or even spun a bearing. Does it still run? Is it running rough?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it runs but this morning my engine was dry no oil at all so apparently i have a decent sized link i just top it off now with some cheap shit and see if it leaks right now.......i felt power loss for a couple of days and i was seriously gonna do my oil change today. i only put royal purple in it (except for now) lol this really capps off the week by the way

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
If it's leaking, it's more than likely from the oil pressure sensor. if that thing leaks, under load you could blow out all the oil in the case pretty quick. There's pictures of it's location on this site somewhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill take a look tomarrow but in the mean time ill see about the possibility of a klze swap?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts