Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every1! this is my first post ever. i dont own an mx-6 as of right now, but tomorrow i will go pick up my 95 LS. there are no mods on it at all and i was wondering if some of you can help me out on what to do to it. i dont really know that much about this car so if you could supply me with brand names and prices it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!:)

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you read below i made a thread about the borla exaust systems that are on sale, i've heard really good things about borla and know people that have their exaust systems. I would start with that cause its a damn good price, i couldnt pass it up!!!:cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
the borla(or any cat back for that matter) will only give you 1-3 whp on our cars because our stock ones are non-restrictive. I would save your money and buy a magnaflow exhaust for $130 installed from master mufffer.

Also. do not waste your money on a weapon r or the k&n conical that fits on your vaf. these suck in hot air and cause you to loose as much as 6 whp. I would either buy or make your own hot shot or prm intake which take in cold air. I think the hot shot run for $170. If you would rather make your own for$50,check out my web http://www.geocities.com/adamk01452/MX-6_Intake.html

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey, MX-6 Boy Jr. Did you need to reprogrammed your ECU after you get your intake installed? I was think of geeting the parts you mentioned in your page and get a machanic to install that for me? what do you think? XO

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmm

What about throwin in some ZE cams?

Hey Becca: you should do a search in the perf section.. there is tonnes of info there about perf mods... also checkout www.probetalk.com .. a wealth of info there too. The probe and the mx6 has the same engine and tranny and chassis.. so 99% of the info applies to both cars.. excpet for appearance mods of course?

and welcom abord :)

lates...:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey y'all thanks for the advice! i look at some of those web sites and keep every1 up to date on whats goin on!

·
Registered
641 Posts
try looking at Probeparts.com. They have info on a lot of good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts