Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL

Help is there a bloody engine number on these motors?

i have a 1988 626 GD with what may be a TELSTAR motor or its bloke the gearbox has telstar written on it

I do not know if it is possible but the motor may be comprised of two the Mazda and the lelstar is this possible as in swapping cylinder heads or blokes for a SOHC 12 vale?
The motor runs like a kitten my problem is that I ?
CANNOT FIND a BLOODY ENGINE NUMBER I have a HYNES MANUAL nothing where it says they are supposed to be for the Ford model or the MAZDA model motors
If anybody has any ideas I'll listen n look

Hoss the Desperate n frustrated
E G M :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
The engine number is below the #1 spark plug on the top of the block....
If your engine is not clean, its easy for the number to covered with oil sludge.

Reactions: Grantly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI ALL

Thanks cobber i will check that are out, Ive had a quick look in that general are before butthis one will be a lot more though

Hoss
E G M :tup::tup::tup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI ALL

Thanks guys, i found it i was looking to ow. Just under the head on a lip atop the engine block. Still have to clean a corer to get the last number though.
I went n did anotherjob i was planning to remove the timing belt but the bottom bolt on the alternator is locked solid :rolleyes:not again :mad: more frustration So i removed the top timing belt cover the belt in there look new n shows no sign of any damage wear or looseness. Put it all back together until i get a new bolt n figure-out how to remove it

Hoss
E G M :cool::jump::tup::tup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts