Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 93 LS with the Auto tranny and she's missing at idle and under hard acceleration. Everytime I put in fresh spark plugs then it'll run perfect for about 2 weeks and then start missing again. The distributor was just replaced. Any suggestions on what could be fouling my plugs? I think my plugs wires are shot but how do you tell? I've looked under the hood at night for my wires to be arching but I saw nothing, is there some other way you can tell if the wires are good?

Hobie

G

·
Have you cleaned the throttle body, use the whole can like the directions say and it will help. The other thing I did was look at my spark plug wires while the car was running in the dark, and I was surprized to see the lighting bolts running around in my engine compartment, I'm going to get new wires today. Also check the pipe between the airfilter and throttle body for any leaks... later

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
pull the plugs and look at the electrodes... what do you see?

describe the plugs and if they are black, white, orange...etc...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The plug electrodes are the same as when I put them in. That's what has me puzzled. I can find no reason for the plugs to be fouling. Other then a little bit of black on them the plugs are fine. I'm pretty sure the valve cover gasket is leaking a little cause when I got the car back in December the plug wells were full of oil. I sucked out all of the oil and put new plugs in and there hasn't been any oil in the wells since. It's starting to become a headache, I'm thinking of just selling it and getting the 5 speed. It's a 93 LS, Auto Tranny with 107,000 miles on it, how much do you think I could get for it. I'd like to have $6,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts