Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
This is very interesting. The engine seems to look almost exactly like the 2.2 liter engine. I wonder if this is just the F2 with a smaller bore/stroke? Or if it's the B series engine like in the miata. The thing is that the B series engines usually have twin cams, so I'm more inclined to believe it's an F series. Any idea on the HP and torque ratings?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hey kedge....

Is that an AWD sticker I see in front of your rear wheel?
Any chance you could get your car on a lift or put it on jack stands and take some pictures for us. A bunch of us are reall interested in seeing the bottom of an AWD MX-6.
Thanks dude.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It makes sense

You said it was from Japan right? Ok the reason why you have a 1.8L instead of the 2.2L is because of 1. fuel economy, 2. Taxes, 3. the 2.2L wasn't offered anywhere except in the US. (Most GTs were 2.0L non-turbos in the 88-92 model year outside the US. So maybe the 1.8L is the DX and LX version.)

In Japan, there is a yearly tax paid on your vehicle depending on your engine size. So having a 1.8L makes a lot of sense. What I don't understand is why it says Ford on the valve cover. Is the replacement engine from a Ford Telstar?

If the car is AWD, why the small engine?? is it turbocharged??

It's definitely a F series engine. Sorry I doubted you.

kedge, i believe you i just have tons of questions :).

PS could you get me some engine specs (HP, torque, bore/stroke size, etc) What's the engine code? thanks!

[Edited by hurddawg on 12-18-2000 at 01:32 PM]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's 4WS on the back \

well try and get spec's if i can on engine size etc

I suspect it's a telstar engine been installed in it i used to have a ford laser and the mazda 323 parts fitted on it so i suspect it the same for this just tail light are differant i think

at the moment the 4ws is off line and will not pass the test untill fixed the light on the dash blinks on and off after i go over 40km

also the engine sometime when i start it up i see a clowed of smoke come out and then it clear's would this be the injectors also i notice that it doesn't have a lot of tork ether i wounder if there is a compatably isu with the mazda computer and the ford engine.

anyway will be taking to get the 4ws looked at next week and hopfully an new exsaust also will get the engine looked at.

just about had a set of mags today only to find out there 4 stud

kedge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts