Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
what type of screen is that in the visor?

·
Registered
95 Posts
was it really hard to put in and wire?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey StreetEffectz...

Wow that's great work are you a stereo installer? If I lived close to you I would hire you to do my car. In that first pic where did you move your A/C controls to. Keep up the good work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I have been doing it for a long time now so I don't consider it hard. But you need to modify the inside of the visors and then recover them with new material and all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mazdaman...I extended all the wires to the A/C controls and put them in the glove compartment.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Those are amazing installs, I love the 1st gen install because I have one and I have a Panasonic DFX99 head unit. It gives me inspiration on adding more equipment to my car.How hard was it to move the A/C to the glove compartment and was the television screen expensive?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments. We had to extend all the wires on the back of the A/C unit and then cut a whole in the back of the glove compartment to feed them all through and for the A/C to fit in there so the box could close.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That is some amazing work man!!! I'm looking at installng a DVD player and monitor in the 2nd Gen, you have any reccomendations or type, or placement? Also where do you thing I should mount my amps (2 Premier 320's) I've stealthed the 10" subs and want to leave the trunk open.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
umm....

i have one question...why does your steering wheel have a BMW logo if its a 1st gen 6? unless im missing something..

very clean install i might add...

SolarSlash

[Edited by SolarSlash on 03-12-2001 at 01:51 AM]

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
aahhhh.....

i see. very clean. nice job. i like DIY installs myself. who wants to pay big bucks to have someone else do it for ya?

by the way, have you ever made a fiberglass box? im thinking of tackling one this summer.

SolarSlash

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, when people don't know how to do it, that's where we come in :) :) Fiberglass box....a FULL fiberglass box, or you mean something contoured, like the monitor in the MX6 dash above?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
well...

im looking into a contour box. i just looking to do fiberglass on the baffle of the box, around the sub. maybe put in some lettering also.

SolarSlash

1 - 16 of 16 Posts