Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you tell us about the cost in our dollars and what you had to go through in terms of finding a shop and the right questions to ask? I don't want some dork screwing me over in quality or price.
Thanks.
Claeren.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Okay, as for price and the like, I can only give you the cost of the supra tails themselves which were about 350$ canadian. I've been to a couple of shops to see whether or not they would actually do the work(a couple of shops told me i was friggin' crazy). I've found a couple and essentially what happened was I brought the tails in my trunk and brought a screw driver to take out the stock tails. The guys at the shop compared shapes of the lights, looked at the body of the car and estimated what has to be done. Now what came out of that was that they needed to make a new "box" for the supra tails by cutting deeper into the chassis and constructing something to hold the light. Then they need to extend the trunk lid slightly so that it comes flush with the tails. And lastly, they need to fill in (tack welding sheet metal and then bondo) the corners where our lights wrapped around and the supra's don't. As for the monetary estimate, I am going again for that as soon as I get my 6 back which has been in the shop since last monday for accident repair. Looks like sometime next week before I can give you an number, but I will be sure to post as soon as I get it and sorry for the delay but I've had all kinds of things in between and haven't had the chance to get everything done! take care.

bj

[Edited by bj_swift on 04-17-2001 at 10:35 AM]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts