Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Wow. Never knew this thread existed. I've read the story so far.

My rant:
Who the hell said the Brits had a thin skin!? That pisses me off! Who held the line of democracy and freedom in the 1st and 2nd world war until you decided you wanted a piece of the action? THE BRITS! And for your information yanks.... WE captured the enigma machine from U571 not you! And WWII lasted for 6 years not 3 and a bit. And the yanks ("Rock Hudson") weren't in Tobruk. It was the fucking Aussies! "Tobruk" was one of the first "factory outlet" Hollywood films twisting the truth to satisfy the US's necessity to have some purpose on the world scene and populate their bankrupt culture!

If you look at the number of members in MX6.com on the US side and compare it to the number of members on the UK side you will probably find, by ratio, we visit your side alot more per capita than you guys do!

Canada is NOT ruled by the Queen - geez... I can't believe there are people who believe that lol.

We've learnt far more than the US has about other countries outside our borders. Our empire covered a 1/3 of the planet and have welcomed their cultures as our own and phrases from their languages are in frequent use. As a nation our favourite meals belong to that of other countries.

Someone said that the US Navy would beat the Canadian one? I just wanted to add that both these navies were created by a Briton. Oh yeah and Britain invented the aircraft carrier. You see where I'm going with this. The US have taken it all as their own and try to make the world think they invented/created these things. We were also the first to launch a successful carrier strike... something that the Japs and the US copied.... Oh yeah... and our torpedoes worked unlike the US ones.

Brits are more thick skinned than you yanks. We don't wear armour when we play with an oval ball. We don't wear pads when we play rounders... eh I mean baseball. We have fought in hundreds more wars than you guys. Britain is the birthplace of modern democracy and tyrrany.. you guys just adopted it.

Elmer

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
If the UK is so awesome where is their space program? They don't fund the International space station and the people they send into space are trained in and launched from the USA, Australia, and Russia. Most of them have dual citizenship.

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
We had one but you had more money as always. Don't even go there though. You know fine well we don't have an argument on that one. We didn't have a 55 trillion economy to put people in space!

Elmer

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Canada is NOT ruled by the Queen - geez... I can't believe there are people who believe that lol.

Britain is the birthplace of modern democracy and tyrrany.. you guys just adopted it.
Hey Dumbass, the queen is still head of state and queen of Canada, do your fucking homework. The canada act did not sever her powers over Canada.

The good'ol USofA was the birthplace of democracy you idiot...GB is ruled by a Monarchy. Bloodlines determine your head of state, not voting.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Morning Guys,

This thread amazes me.

You see I am in a sort of quandry.

I see both points of view.

The trouble with the whole world and human beings in particular is that the men and some women just love a fight.

Whoops what I have just said.

Duh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, yes we held off the Germans in WW2 but that was more by luck than judgement because Hitler screwed up there by not just invading us in a massive scale.

That English Channel sure helped.

But I am not discounting the wonderful heroes who fought in the Battle of Britain and were primarily responsible for saving the UK.

If it wasn't for our friends the Americans, Canadians, Russians and and all our other allies, we would be living now under the Fourth Reich !!!

Forget the politics for one moment and please pay respect for all the innocent lives that were lost in this terrible event whether they were Brits, Americans, Canadians, Poles, Asians, Japanese or Germans.

WW1 was equally devastating.

The way the world is going at present, WW3 could be around the corner, so come on guys give it a rest please even if only for today.

The majority of people in all nations are wonderful except for those power mad and greedy politicians who lie and cheat and distort the truth.

Paula

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Hey Dumbass, the queen is still head of state and queen of Canada, do your [fizzle]ing homework. The canada act did not sever her powers over Canada.

The good'ol USofA was the birthplace of democracy you idiot...GB is ruled by a Monarchy. Bloodlines determine your head of state, not voting.
Hi Zach

How the hell are you? Keep taking the pills mate.

If you look at the post I was referring to you'll see he wrote "ruled by". The queen doesn't have rule over Canada. Christ! She doesn't even rule Britain!

I'm not even going to respond to your second para because it's a typical response from the typically uneducated. Oliver Cromwell.

Elmer

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey Dumbass, the queen is still head of state and queen of Canada, do your [fizzle]ing homework. The canada act did not sever her powers over Canada.

Zach...i think you'll find that democracy actually comes from Greece....

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
going to have to agree with adie on that one zach.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Is the USA truly democratic when George Bush Jnr won the 2000 & 2004 Presidential Elections by cheating? :tdown:

Let's be honest Guys, even your political commentators say that your election system would grace " A Third World Country ".

All my friends in the USA ( including Republicans ) hated Bush Jnr and they disliked the war monger Dick Cheney even more.

Last Fall on Monday November 3rd 2008. I was on the Metra train from Glenview to Union Station, Chicago the day before Barack Obama gave his victory speech in Grant Park.

It was a beautiful day and the temperature was 75F. Five days later it was snowing such is the Mid-West climate.

I got chatting to a professional middle-class woman who had always voted Republican.

She was on the way to campaign for Obama and the Democrat party.

She said that she and her husband had never thought in a million years that they would be voting for a Democrat President.

While I was there I took fotos of the Sears Tower and from it via the Observation Deck. Now it's called the Willis Tower.

See: Willis Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am getting my USA withdrawal symptoms, I want to go back NOW for a while to recharge my batteries.

You never know as I was not expecting to return last year so soon after my summer vacation with Claire but I had a phone call from the partner of my best male friend in Chicago and I was invited to his 50th Birthday bash.

They wanted a photographer so they paid for all my accomodation and air fares.

Typical American generosity as they could easily have got a local photographer to take the shots far more cheaply but they wanted me there.

Paula

·
Registered
246 Posts
Atleast American Football isn't boring.
Oh I used to watch American Football regularly, hilarious watching your guys trying to tear heads off. :)

You may think "soccer" is boring, but you should see the riots idiotic ex-Arsenal players can cause just by celebrating in front of fans who used to idolise him. Or the way the same guy got away, so far, with stamping on an ex team-mates face. This all happened this last weekend. You've then got tribal supporters.

It's fast flowing, especially the English game, and entertaining. We don't need cheerleaders to keep fans entertained for an hour and a half, and don't stop for 2 minute breaks every 5 minutes.

Rob

·
Registered
246 Posts

Think you'll find that the Queen doesn't "rule" anything. She's a figurehead for our country and gets her face on stamps and coins. Nothing more. We're ruled by, and I paraphrase our next PM, Jeremy Clarkson;), "a one-eyed Scottish idiot" and his cronies. Our Queen just gets to travel about a bit.

Our "one-eyed Scottish idiot" is comparable to Dubya in that no-one can work out what he's saying and he's a PR disaster. I don't think even dear old Gordon would leave thousands of people to fend for themselves after a hurricane though. Wait a minute though, he is leaving our army out in Afghanistan fighting with peashooters and using clapped out Land Rovers for transport, so I suppose he's dumber than I thought. Let's face it guys, all PM's, presidents or whatever you want to call them, are the same. Only interested in themselves. You can leave the Queen out of any decision making though, unless it's which horse to back or grouse to shoot.

Rob

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I see that you guys Stateside appreciate our singers.

Takes me back to the Beatles in 1964 when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in New York.

SuBo mania as Boyle lands in LA

Britain's Got Talent sensation Susan Boyle has been greeted by a crowd of cheering fans and a media scrum on her arrival in Los Angeles.

The "hairy angel" was mobbed by the press and public as she was ushered from the arrivals hall at LAX airport to a waiting SUV.

And the 48-year-old Scottish singer, who was the shock runner-up in this year's Britain's Got Talent, basked in the attention - smiling, blowing kisses and waving to the cameras.

She had become just as famous in the US as in the UK after a clip of her performance on BGT became a worldwide viral internet hit.

After being whisked away from the airport, she found time for a little pleasure - and managed to fit in a fun trip to Disneyland.

She is scheduled to perform during the final of America's Got Talent this week.

YouTube - Paps Boyle Over for Susan

·
Registered
449 Posts
Oh I used to watch American Football regularly, hilarious watching your guys trying to tear heads off. :)

You may think "soccer" is boring, but you should see the riots idiotic ex-Arsenal players can cause just by celebrating in front of fans who used to idolise him. Or the way the same guy got away, so far, with stamping on an ex team-mates face. This all happened this last weekend. You've then got tribal supporters.

It's fast flowing, especially the English game, and entertaining. We don't need cheerleaders to keep fans entertained for an hour and a half, and don't stop for 2 minute breaks every 5 minutes.

Rob
SOCCER HAHA compaird to american football gota be shiting me.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
SOCCER HAHA compaird to american football gota be [shizzle]ing me.
Agreed.

Football (soccer) kick the ball around for 20 mins before making a goal. Thats right.....a single goal. The entire crowd erupts and they continue to battle back and forth for another 20 mins before anything really ever happens.

the NFL beats the piss out of each other, including late hits, unsportsman like celebrating and dancing, injuring, and then having a mascot shoot t-shirts from a cannon all within that time.

And dont' use the cheerleaders as an excuse. They are all hideous anyway usually. Besides most come from your country :D

You sir are full of FAIL

·
Registered
169 Posts
I walk by this except on the other side of the building on the way to work everyday. You have to come back and see it again because they built elevator sized glass boxes that are on the outside of the observation deck that you step into. There is nothing but 3/4" of glass between your feet and 103 stories of air.

my building is the one behind this girls left knee

·
Registered
246 Posts
Agreed.

Football (soccer) kick the ball around for 20 mins before making a goal. Thats right.....a single goal. The entire crowd erupts and they continue to battle back and forth for another 20 mins before anything really ever happens.

the NFL beats the piss out of each other, including late hits, unsportsman like celebrating and dancing, injuring, and then having a mascot shoot t-shirts from a cannon all within that time.

And dont' use the cheerleaders as an excuse. They are all hideous anyway usually. Besides most come from your country :D

You sir are full of FAIL
Riiiight. So after they've attempted to decapitate each other, they have to have a breather. Sorry, that's sad. The true decapitation sport is Rugby. They do this for 40 minutes and don't break until HALF time, not a quarter! They then go at it again. Not only that, we have two different versions of the same game, both as brutal as each other and we invented both.

Football (please get it right) gets ten minutes longer, plus time added for injuries and any messing about by the players. If you're in a knockout cup game, we'll add 30 minutes if you draw after 90 minutes thank you very much. Then, if you can see straight after all that, you get to try and end the game with a penalty shootout. That will go on until a winner is found. Can last well into the next day if you're lucky.

American Football (why call it football if the only thing you ever do with the ball is throw it?) is handbags at dawn ladies.:p

Rob

41 - 60 of 66 Posts