Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been a bit of a stranger for the last couple of months.

In the last couple of months we've moved home (further into the bush :confused: ). I got the Mazda running right, the injection system was being a pain in the butt and we spent some time in Sydney, this also gave me a chance to see my terminally ill Granddad who although is still here at present (I mentioned him in September). He is currently in hospital as of last Monday (he was admitted that afternoon after we'd seen him in the morning :( ) with the doctors expecting things to 'happen' within the couple of weeks.

Anyway, its not all bad. NY was great and things are going reasonably well beside the obvious.

Spotto :: Red MX6, Northern Road Penrith. Roughly across from the Nepean Hospital. A member from here?

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year and you didn't get up to too much mischeif!

:angel:
-Aimz

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
My granddad had the same thing happen, he past away recently, so xmas wasnt brilliant, but my new years and the start of this year is fantastic. Glad to see your cars behaving, there much more fun when they aint broken hehe

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
good to see you on the forums again =).

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I have been getting a new love for the bush, dont know why you are complaining :). If it wasnt for the need to work I would move out Bathurst way 110%.

·
Registered
752 Posts
:lol: Because Bathurst is a country town all the way out in the sticks, I feel for you moving out to the country some things are good but im over it

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
What is the definition of country/bush/outback. Where does one stop and the other begin. I wouldnt really say Bathurst is bush right, more country? Although I have lived in Australia my whole life, I didnt realise there was so much more till I started driving out of Sydney for the first time maybe 1-2 years ago :). I realised I was very sheltered.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol:

Thanks guys!

Fitzyb I am sorry to hear about your Granddad. :(

And don't me wrong Turk, I love the bush. I can have my horse that way lol. But it gets a pain in the butt sometimes having to drive at minimum 100kms into work and then 100kms home a day. Plus if I have to do food shopping or get fuel I have to drive an 80km round trip from home.

But I do love the bush ;)

See I refer to the country and bush as being the same thing and the outback I refer to the tiny towns 200kms away from anything with a population of 10. :p

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Population of 10, no servo, no grocery, no post office, but it will still have a pub :). I stayed in one near wagga wagga. It is really nice to be as loud as you want with the next neighbour 2km's away.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would say a country town is a place with a population under 7-8000 but i guess if you spent your whole life in sydney anything under 60,000 is small, Inverell were i live is growing its about 10,000. I have friends that live anywhere from 30-80kms from anything so thats where all the fun things go on

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The town we are in now has 250 people.... The one we moved from had 15 rofl.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
How is finding work that far out? Either professional/trade whatever really. Something other then primary producer though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
a town i stayed in for a bit in victoria

poulation 2000, the store guys would leave there store or houses unlocked, everyone pretty much knew everyone so you know.. shrug...

"where you from?"

"uhh, sydney"

"ahh, thats over the bridge ei" [there was a bridge between this town and the next main road]

"yeah"

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Man - I can't belive you want to work out that way - AHHH

it's like NO KEBAB's man -

I can't even stand going near Penrith.

I've been to Bathurst - it's close to civilization mind oyu my mind still takes me back to 1990 and getting called a *********** Kid.
Or the JAP CRAP KID.
I didn't understand then.

But Turk you'd pass - you look like a Blonde haired bronzed boy from Bondi.

I get scared going outside of Brisbane it feels a bit backward.
I mean my Uncles place South west Brisbane I thought it's not bad a bit of bush here and there - Untill I saw this Brown snake in the front yard. - That was enough for ME.

Plus in small town - I'd have to buy my drugs in bulk. I mean I don't think they would have as many Street chemists out anywhere too far out of town.

besides with my current Hair - They probelry want me to sing on stage at the local Hotel.

But there are only 3 decent Kebab stores in Sydney
2 Yeuros in sydney
5 in melbourne
I've only tryed 4 kebab stores in melbourne and only 1 was good

QLD and Perth - Kebabs 'can't be done by Asian guys okay and oyu can't put Chips into a Kebab.

It's all to do with the food.

but I'd liek ot see it Turk - you living in place like bathurst or Orange - DUBBO.
Yeah dubbo that would be Perfect.
Dubbo the only place I would say where a BIG LUNCH is a BIG (AKA -MASSVIE ) LUNCH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts