Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i don t believe it myself.. but today i woke up early to go bracket racing.. ONLY mods i have done to my mx6 AT THE MOMENT are cone filter.. and greddy profec b boost controller.. set to 11.5 psi..

i also have 17's with 225-45-17's kuhmo's surpa 712's tires..

anyway my first run was a

[email protected]

second run

[email protected] mph [boost creep cuased the fuelcut and i shifted to 5th.. NOTICE LOW MPH/]

3RD RUN

[email protected] MY 60 ft went from 2.0 to a 2.1 and as the day went on it got humid out..

SINCE ITS 3 AM AND I JUST GOT HOME FROM A CRAZY NIGHT.. ill post slips.. i have a video with out sound.. if i can figure out how to post it..

remember though.. STOCK MX6 WITH CONE FILTER AND EBC!!

i love f2t's!!!

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Those are some good times.

I cant get any good times. I dont even go to the track anymore, I need to cause my stock tires are on (although my cars slower:( )

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Wow, my best trap this year at the track in cold weather was 95, too but a horrible 15.1 to match it. So I know the potiental is there once i get traction.

I'm really thinking an EBC and 17's are the way to go. Anyway, great work. :tup:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caffeine said:
Wow, my best trap this year at the track in cold weather was 95, too but a horrible 15.1 to match it. So I know the potiental is there once i get traction.

I'm really thinking an EBC and 17's are the way to go. Anyway, great work. :tup:
I-M-O THE TALLER tire.. ebc.. have to be it..

cause this is the same combo i had on my 91pgt on stock fuel and stock turbo.l.......

and this is my second impressive f2t!

oh and you can t forget 45 psi in rear tires.. which helps launch and trap..

·
Registered
411 Posts
DAMN!!! nice times man......i ran similar times at 12psi 14.9
@93 2800ft above sea level thats about a 14.3 at sea level....good job man!!!!!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I ran 14.7 @ 95 with boost at 12psi, cone filter, and muffler, couldn't get any better than a 2.4 60ft, so I it looks like with your kind of launches, I'd be right there with you. How'd you manage a 2.0 60ft on streets?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Damn your guys are getting some sweet times. The best i can get so far is a [email protected] MPH. Thats me running 15 psi on a t-bird and a exhaust. Now i feel bad about my times. The best i could get was a 2.21 60ft. I need to practice my launches. I guess my engine compression is lower then normal to get those low times with the mods that i have. :(

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Decent times, wish I could get mine off the line. The best I could manage on 10psi was a [email protected] with a 2.495 60 foot.

Now its on 15psi I have absolutely no hope of getting the thing off the line, its more like a damn rolling burnout than anything!

That time above was with 3" and 11psi.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Damn dude, next time I go to the track, can you drive my car? I want to see times like that too :).

Best I did was 14.9 @98mph a few years ago. ****ty launch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i can't believe those times.. my car has a boost controller cone filter,no cat and a muffler. and the best so far is a 15.04.. and my 60''s was like 2.460... i know i have room for improvement. but that seems like alot

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mazdamx6jim said:
i can't believe those times.. my car has a boost controller cone filter,no cat and a muffler. and the best so far is a 15.04.. and my 60''s was like 2.460... i know i have room for improvement. but that seems like alot
well then i hope this makes you feel better about your judgement on me..

everybody's cars different... and i think i just have the luanching talant for these cars..

EVERY CAR IVE OWNED I POST MY SLIPS AND PICS TO BACK ME UP..

trust me:jump:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

i blew it up some to get a better look..

there needs to be a 1st gen meet at some track! i wanna drive someone elses 1st gen turbo to compare:D

·
Registered
685 Posts
Good job man, I cant wait till my rides done, and I run it. Im all in street racing, but Im hoping for atlease a high 13. Nice run man!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts