Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey remember all that talk about IS300's? Well they can't stand up to the power of the 6!!. I race a white automatic is300. (I mention the color just because i think it looks bad in white) I have an atx v6 with a little bit of mods.
On a two lane highway this IS300 pulls up on my side and is like lets go! Flashes the hazards and we're off. He never had anylead on me. I had him form the start and gradually pulled away. By the time we reached a light I was about two car lengths ahead of him. He pulls up at the light and was like "Damn, what are you driving?" I go "MX6!!!" The light changes and I speed off.
Now, Im not saying that if it was an mtx, I would a won cause I would probably lost. But I feel that a v6 mtx could definitley take on an mxt is300. I dont know if it would win but it would be damn close.
6er's 1 Ricers 0

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Hmm Your story doesnt really suprise me. The atx on the IS300 reacts slowy especially if you rev too high. It is extremely tricky to get it to go its fastest. (usually is with atx) And ths IS (while more powerful than the 6) is only rated a bit faster. 0-60mph in 7.1 sec. and 1/4mile in 15.3. Thats not much faster than a stock MX6 LS mtx, so one slip would make all the diff. esp. from 0-60. Where I feel the iS is MUCH faster is around 30-100mph.

And if your 6 is modded at all then I wouldnt be suprised if an IS300 never beat you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts