Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was looking at my front speakers today and I began to think about them. They are the factory ones and when I turn my radio up even a little bit, the speakers make a farting noise, it really sucks. When I looked at the front speakers, I notcied that they are actually in the dash. I'm not the smartest when it comes to the audio electronics but I was wondering how you would go about replacing the factory speakers, do you need to take the whole dash off or what? And also, what are a good kind of speakers to get, I'm not sure. I was thinking of getting Rockford Fossgates but I don't know yet. What do you guys have? Thanx a lot.

·
Registered
446 Posts
"Hey??"

Don't post topics like that. Make the title somewhat helpful. Lead into your actual topic. "front speaker replacement in 1st gen" or something like that. Just a hint:)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
speaks eh??

a lot of companies make decent speakers. Infinity, Cerwin Vega, Image Dynamics, Focal, Oz, ADS, etc. just go to your local audio shop and listen to as many different speakers as you can. see which you like the best. that's the best way to go.

as for the farting noise, you got a blow speaker. i dont know about the 1st gen speaker locations, but ill ask my roommate who has a 1st gen and get back to ya. later

SolarSlash

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Sorry

"Hey??"

Don't post topics like that. Make the title somewhat helpful. Lead into your actual topic. "front speaker replacement in 1st gen" or something like that. Just a hint

Yeah I know sorry about that. I guess I forgot to finish it in the title space. I wasn't thinking sorry man.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just remove the four screws on the front of the grill and the grill and the speakers will come out. You most likely have a blown speaker so they will need replacement. you'll need a pair of 4" speakers that don't have a really tall tweeter on them. Other than that just get something that sounds good to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts