Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've just bought my first MX6 and collecting it on Sunday. Only the DE engine but it has a wicked body kit on it. We've had Mazdas for 10 years. My wife drives a 6 Sport and I'm on my 4th 323f. Currently own a 97 323f BA zxi. It has the 2.0 litre version of the mx6 so I'm well used to these amazing engines. Can't wait to pick it up. Hope to have it a long time so I plan on being around for a while

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics of this body kit!
Put three links to the pics. Having driven it 150 miles back after collecting it on Sunday, I'm impressed. Certainly feel the power difference after the 323f 2.0 v6. Only got 15" wheels though so got to get some 18's Anyone know the PCD and offset of these MX6's

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all. Thanks for comments. Yes it looks like that NTC kit all round. Don't know where the last owner got it but he said it cost him over £1000. I love it. This car cost me £650 with 99000 miles and full service history. No rust and lovely clean interior. 323f forum members don't like the stripes but I am undecided. I do think it sets the car off nicely but looking at all your cars i'm tempted to remove them. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi all. Thanks for comments. Yes it looks like that NTC kit all round. Don't know where the last owner got it but he said it cost him over £1000. I love it. This car cost me £650 with 99000 miles and full service history. No rust and lovely clean interior. 323f forum members don't like the stripes but I am undecided. I do think it sets the car off nicely but looking at all your cars i'm tempted to remove them. Any thoughts?
They almost look painted on. I had stripes on my first 6 back in 01 and they looked better in person. Maybe a photo shop b4 and after would help.

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
I'm not a fan of the stripes on the doors for sure...the stripes up top, I'm undecided.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too bad you have to have a front plate, nice 6 and welcome.
Decided to lose the stripes soon. When they are gone I'm ordering a Self Adhesive front No Plate to stick on at bottom of bonnet above the bumper. I think that will look a lot better

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Uuufff, a bit over the top on the striping and the ground effects. Congrats and good luck on the efforts to clean it up!

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I'm not a fan of the stripes either. Would look so much cleaner without them. 18's will let you lower the car more to get rid of wheel gap and keep the bottom of the car a little higher. I think a good stance would make the kit look better.

And what car is the red one? I like it minus the crazy spoiler. It's like a good looking 3.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not a fan of the stripes either. Would look so much cleaner without them. 18's will let you lower the car more to get rid of wheel gap and keep the bottom of the car a little higher. I think a good stance would make the kit look better.

And what car is the red one? I like it minus the crazy spoiler. It's like a good looking 3.
Yep Glue remover arrived today so they will be gone soon. Also ordering a stick on Number plate for the front bonnet. As well as Black mesh to fill in front and rear bumper holes.
The red car is a Mazda 323f zxi (V6 2.0) Same block as our 2.5's. Belongs to someone in my 323f club.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well after 2 weeks of being happy with the car, the cash cow time rears its ugly head. Brakes are worn out so need new pads all round, top strut mount bearings are shot, both rocker cover gaskets leak. The front one is dripping into the Alternator creating a horrible smell. Couple of noisy tappets so Flush, Oil and filter change along with the HLA treatment coming. Happy days indeed.
That's my S/S downpipes and de cat delayed by a month or two. Still, car needs to be safe and running sweet before spending cash on any mods.
The pleasure of buying 17 year old cars eh :cry:

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
^I think he means the car is 17 years old, not that he bought it from a 17 year old...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts