Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Mazda 626 Hot 4.6L 5 Speed stick
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of deciding whether to purchase an older 626 with a difference. If I do decide to pick it up, as I cannot @ present due to Covid lockdown here for a week. I'll go into depth then in appropriate Forum section, also with pics.

I'm yet to locate another, anywhere? Certainly nothing here down under...

The only thing similar is one with a twin turbo V8 but it's hardly street legal or tame in any way. Ridiculous imho. Few 'apparently' in New Zealand & must be some in US/Europe...

Is there any one here that has gone down the route of V8 power plants in their Mazda? Would love to hear from you. Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Vic! I'm not very knowledgeable about 626's, all I really know is that my mother in law owned one back around 1995, maybe. When you say "with a difference" what is meant by that? I certainly don't see any 626's around here either.
A V8 in a 2G MX-6, .....WOW, I would like a ride in that beast. I think I once saw a video on Youtube where a guy put a Ford 351C into a Miata.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vic! I'm not very knowledgeable about 626's, all I really know is that my mother in law owned one back around 1995, maybe. When you say "with a difference" what is meant by that? I certainly don't see any 626's around here either.
A V8 in a 2G MX-6, .....WOW, I would like a ride in that beast. I think I once saw a video on Youtube where a guy put a Ford 351C into a Miata.
Hi DOO640ER, Vic was abbrev for my state here, Victoria lol. Sorry mate. There's a few Ford Cortinas & Capri's getting around the place with V8's but not too many here down under. The 626 I'm looking to buy soon has a moderately worked Rover 3.9L (or 4.6L) engine in it with a Supra 5 speed stick shift. Once I have it here, I'll wack some pics up in the forum.

P.S. I've owned 3 2G MX6's years back. One had a KLZE in it with 5 speed stick. Also an NA MX5 5 speed stick. Loved it to death!

·
Registered
22 Posts
626V8, HAHA, silly me. Sorry bout that, I flunked Geography and don't get our much. But doo plan to visit your homeland someday in the future! Looking forward to some pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That sounds sick, never heard of many engine swaps in these

Reactions: 626V8

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds sick, never heard of many engine swaps in these
Hi Saucy, the V8 install was done back in 2011. She's an older model (1981-2) as these were RWD. Obvious choice, as with the older Ford Cortina's & Capris OS. Once I have it here I'll know actual engine block size. I only know it's running 4.6L conrods with 3.5L heads from talking to present owner. Once deal is done he then has to get a roadworthy cert so, may be a week or 2 after that...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Saucy, the V8 install was done back in 2011. She's an older model (1981-2) as these were RWD. Obvious choice, as with the older Ford Cortina's & Capris OS. Once I have it here I'll know actual engine block size. I only know it's running 4.6L conrods with 3.5L heads from talking to present owner. Once deal is done he then has to get a roadworthy cert so, may be a week or 2 after that...
Thatll be great to see haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts