1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, name's luke(as it says)
i'm from hastings(east sussex)

i have not owned a mazda before and have been offered this 1
1992 MAZDA MX-6 2.5I GT RED modified on eBay, also, Mazda, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 11-Jan-09 23:00:00 GMT)

how much would you say it was worth? and what sort of 0-60 etc are they capable of apparently it has a stainless system from manifold back, and forced air induction kit, no other performance mods.

i read on a page they should be 200bhp for j spec liek this and should do 60 in about 6.5, is that right?

is there anything to watch for on these?

main thing i need to know is performance and value,
also mpg qwould be good, and thoughts about this car,

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I would pay no more than £2,000 for this to be honest - and that is a little generous. The main things you would be paying for here are the cosmetics and the fact that it's a J-Spec.

Main things to check out are the condition of the steering racks and the condition of the engine. I would also check out whether that lighting arrangement is fully legal or not, as it looks a bit dodgy to me.

Good luck mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
getting the high beam right was a nightmare on mine! my last 6 was j spec noticeable performance difference to uk models rear wheel steer is nice touch as a painter i'd want to check the fit and quality of bodykit as this can be expensive to put right, and having spent 200hrs reffiting an eleanor kit to a mustang i speak with authority! regards, sime

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
its been relisted

1992 MAZDA MX-6 2.5I GT RED modified on eBay, also, Mazda, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 18-Jan-09 23:16:41 GMT)

I reckon its worth £800 tops. It has 1 months mot left, a paint job and lights that arent to everyones taste and a few bolt on mods.

If the car was stock it would make £500ish so adding wheels, and induction kit and some paint doesnt suddenly make it worth over a grand.

Performance wise, you will struggle to get under 7 seconds in an mx6 unless it has gas or boost. No one buys a 200bhp 2.5 V6 that looks like something from Fast n Furious then asks about MPG (allow for anything between 18-28 mpg).

The seller sounds like he's getting miffed that its not selling so he must be a dreamer if the reserve isnt met at £800+.

Personally, I wouldnt touch it. It looks like its been magnetised and driven through Ripspeed and is having a personaility crisis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what sort of performance can i expect, i know they are quick, but 0-60 is what?

sorry pea, i wasn't really looking for a mx-6 but this 1 has come accross as a swap for my 1 off bmw 320, and just needed to know how much it's worth and the power etc

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Luke - keep your BMW. If it's in good nick and as you say is a one off, it will be worth more than the MX6.

Windy - I think £800 is quite harsh. Whilst the car isn't 100%, clearly it has had time and money spent on it, and would perhaps be worth more than average. I think if we permanently undervalue our cars we will be doing ourselves a disservice. However, I do understand that in the current climate noone is going to buy that car for £2k. Wrong time to sell it methinks.

Ben.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Without a shadow of a doubt, keep the bmw. Especially when you are talking about a swap. My mate sold his pimped BMW similar to yours, bought himself a 300ZX. Big mistake going from German to Jap - the reliability change and general expense nearly killed him.

Ben.

·
Registered
859 Posts
much as I love the Mazda, I would keep the BMW, it looks really nice and like Parralex says, probably worth more.

The Mazda MX6's are really nice cars, and I would have a Mazda over a BMW believe it or not BUT yours looks a really nice example. How much you wanting for it, and what sort of swap are you looking for (modded mx6?) because there are quite a few MX6's out there, but most are to buy not swap...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts