Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any one can tell me or send me some links to sites for some hipor parts and also what would you suggest me doing to this car? it already has ar 3 piece 17"rims and eibch springs. i do not want to do anything maeger to my car (or should i say my wife's car) lmao. any help would be a great help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i would like go and show lol. nothing major like adding a n2o system or turbos or supercharger, just some mod is ok i think .

·
Registered
202 Posts
mods

The usual start point for a little more hp is intake, headers and exhaust. I started with a new brullen catback exhaust. I think that is the most gratifying first mod. Improves the sound, gives you a little more hp, looks better and continues to benefit you as you add more mods. An intake is one of the less expensive mods and will give you a couple more horses. I would follow these with headers and a high flow cat. All of these are bolt ons, so nothing major. Headers will be the most complicated install of this combo. Other things you might want to consider are a short throw shifter to add a little of the fun factor, and maybe the underdrive pulley. Those are the most common bolt ons.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: mods

hy_mx6 said:
The usual start point for a little more hp is intake, headers and exhaust. I started with a new brullen catback exhaust. I think that is the most gratifying first mod. Improves the sound, gives you a little more hp, looks better and continues to benefit you as you add more mods. An intake is one of the less expensive mods and will give you a couple more horses. I would follow these with headers and a high flow cat. All of these are bolt ons, so nothing major. Headers will be the most complicated install of this combo. Other things you might want to consider are a short throw shifter to add a little of the fun factor, and maybe the underdrive pulley. Those are the most common bolt ons.
unfortunately, even with all of these mods, your only looking at a 10-13 hp gain.

·
Registered
543 Posts
jdmxsix said:
If i had it to do over again, the first mod i would to would be the :eek: KLZE :eek: .
Thats is what I did. Of couse, I had to replace my motor because my dumb x-wife decided to drive it 300 miles to her parents house after I told her that she take her car because mine had a sevear colant leak. On her way home, it started too smoke and then it finnally died! Oh well! I was able to make the best of a bad situation and made and got my klze.
For those wthodo not know what the klze is, it is a direct replement motor from japan that puts out 200 hp. I bought mine from japan direct for only $1400 shipped.
http://www.usedengines.com

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
MX-6 BOY jr said:
jdmxsix said:
If i had it to do over again, the first mod i would to would be the :eek: KLZE :eek: .
Thats is what I did. Of couse, I had to replace my motor because my dumb x-wife decided to drive it 300 miles to her parents house after I told her that she take her car because mine had a sevear colant leak. On her way home, it started too smoke and then it finnally died! Oh well! I was able to make the best of a bad situation and made and got my klze.
For those wthodo not know what the klze is, it is a direct replement motor from japan that puts out 200 hp. I bought mine from japan direct for only $1400 shipped.
http://www.usedengines.com

hey mx6 boy, do you have AOL IM. or YAHOO. i would like to talk to you. thanks later guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts